The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Panday Studio

Old 06-21-2006, 12:48 AM   #1
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

CFAC Auction Starts NOW!!

Hi Folks,

Comics For A Cause Auction starts tonight, June 20 and ends on midnight, Friday, July 7th. All the proceeds from the auction will be sent as charitable donations to CFAC's goal: for treatment of Francisco Briton, my uncle in the Philippines. (To find out the details of CFAC goal, please visit my site: Panday Studio.

Here is how simple it is to do the bids:

We will start with the minumum bid as noted per item. When anyone wants to bid on an item, all you have to do is post your bids here in this very thread. I think this is the simplest way to do it. Each and everyone will see who's bidding on what item and goes on. The highest bidder by the deadline will the winner of the item. We will give you the details by the announcement on how you can send in winning bids to. That's it! ( If you have any questions, please PM me or email me at: panday@pandaystudio.com)

So let's have fun and counter with so much bids as you can, folks. This is going to a good cause and could help defray the costs of expensive treatment of Francisco. And you'll also enjoy collectible and original arts. Thank you in advance for all your generous supports and in participating to this auction specially to those who have contributed thier work.

Follow the next post for the items!
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Auction Items #1-#5

Here are the following items:

Item # 1: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Item #2: Minimum Starting Bid = $15

Item #3: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Item #4: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Entry #5: Minimum Starting Bid = $20
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 AM   #3
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Auction Items #6-11

Entry #6: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Entry #7: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Entry #8: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Entry #9: Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Entry #10: Minimum Starting Bid = $15

Entry #11 (1 lot): Minimum Starting Bid = $20

Entry #12: Minimum Starting Bid = $15

Last edited by pandayboss; 06-22-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #4
Samuelspade
PixelPotato

Samuelspade is on a distinguished road

Alrighty, then!
I've always admired Norm's expressive work from when I first saw it while he was still working on Detective Comics, and so it would definitely be nice to have an original piece of art he's done. Also, that humble Carrasco-guy-dude is always pulling off some surprising new tricks with his pencilwork, but quite frankly you can't work at "his" prolific speed in this day, and age, WITHOUT having an evil doppleganger-assistant at your beck and call.

SO, if I do happen to win out on his original, I want to have a signed certificate detailing which Dario actually produced said piece.

*My bids:

Item#1: $40.00

Item#3 $40.00
Samuelspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Wow, we got our first bid!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Anymore bidders?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
rplatt

rplatt has disabled reputation

Hey, Dario. You might try putting the auctions up on Comic Art Community (www.comicartcommunity.com) for the final week. There are no fees for selling there so it wouldn't cost you anything. It might complicate things a bit if you're running the auction here and there though so maybe not. Best wishes.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

rplatt,
That's a good suggestion, thank you. I might move the auction there since I don't know if people here are interested. I came up with couple of plans to do this:

1-to continue this auction but change it by just selling the arts thru my website after the auction deadline or

2-to continue the same auction in that Comic Art community you mentioned here
Old 06-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
Samuelspade
PixelPotato

Samuelspade is on a distinguished road

Certainly, Dario.
Seeing as how it's an urgent need, you should definitely do whatever you feel is needed in order to make it as successful as possible for your family overseas.
Samuelspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:16 PM   #10
rbr
Civilian

rbr is on a distinguished road

I had my eye on a couple of these pieces, but my student loan coming due has made money suddenly very, very tight. Let us know where the auction lands, though, Dario, and we can all do our best to promote it and drive interested folks your way.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #11
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

Hey guys, good news and bad news! I'm bumping this thread again as there are still need of help for my uncle and his family. As I heard recently, Southern Luzon in the Philippines, where my uncle lives with his family on a small shack was hit by a typhoon. The whole town got flooded up to their chest with grimmy and muddy water. It was said that the river that goes thru the town dammed up. The whole neighborhood were under flood water and the damage are so enormous. Though the water subsided already but the undertaking of salvaging what can be salvaged are just unbelievable. I think it's time to revive the CFAC auction where all your supports are greatly and gravely needed.

So there's still time to get your arts that you're eying awhile back. Here's your chance. I appreciate all your supports and a million thanks to all your help.

http://www.typhoonnews.com/

Last edited by pandayboss; 10-11-2006 at 09:11 AM.