The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community > Tips From the Drawing Board

Old 07-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
DJ Keawekane
shushubags alter ego

DJ Keawekane will become famous soon enough

Question

How do u guys do it. I have an Epson WF-7510 all in one printer and I wanted to blow up my layouts to fit on the 11 x 17 artboards. I do the layouts the size of the actual comic and usually go to office max and have that blown up but my new printer is well new.

I also wanted to make the pencils a non-repro blue so I can ink over the scanned linework. I know that's done is photoshop which I have but I don't know how to do that.

Can you guys help me out?
DJ Keawekane is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
ponyrl
OmenSpirit always...

ponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud of

ps convert pencils inks, google it maybe? I recently bought an all in one 11x17 printer, brand name brother. best investment you`ll make.

"That was last year. This year
I'm trying to earn a living."
-Sunset Boulevard
ponyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
DJ Keawekane
shushubags alter ego

DJ Keawekane will become famous soon enough

I bought that Brother scanner, cost 300+ bucks and it broke on me like 2 months later. I kept trying to get the Brother guys but they never answered my e-mails and I kept getting the bounced around on the phone till I got so frustrated I just let it be. I still have that piece of shit that EVERYBODY raves about sitting in my office- broken.

But thanks anyway ponyrl I googled the answer.

For comics questions I have a tendency to come here first, then google it.
Lol
DJ Keawekane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
CHWolf
BANNED

CHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to all

Had a Brother word processor back in the day. Filled the memory before I got through chapter one. :\

Ended up having to print when it got full, delete to clear space, and continue writing. No clue where the print-outs are anymore, but no big loss as I was a kid and it probably sucked.
CHWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
ponyrl
OmenSpirit always...

ponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Keawekane View Post
I bought that Brother scanner, cost 300+ bucks and it broke on me like 2 months later. I kept trying to get the Brother guys but they never answered my e-mails and I kept getting the bounced around on the phone till I got so frustrated I just let it be. I still have that piece of shit that EVERYBODY raves about sitting in my office- broken.

But thanks anyway ponyrl I googled the answer.

For comics questions I have a tendency to come here first, then google it.
Lol
Ah, damn. Sorry man. I only suggested Brother because I went to the professionals I'm friends with on FB and asked a group of them about the best and they all said Brother.

I use mine (paid waaaayyyyy less than $300, NOT crazy enough to pay that for a printer-no offense my friend ) for the page assignment for the JK correspondence course so it doesn't get heavy use? IDK.

"That was last year. This year
I'm trying to earn a living."
-Sunset Boulevard
ponyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

Biofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHWolf View Post
Had a Brother word processor back in the day. Filled the memory before I got through chapter one. :\

Ended up having to print when it got full, delete to clear space, and continue writing. No clue where the print-outs are anymore, but no big loss as I was a kid and it probably sucked.
I had the newer model of that, that they were smart enough to add a disk drive onto

@DJ: All I can say is keep trying. The 6490 model that everybody loves (had mine for 3 years so far) has been discontinued, so that may be part of the issue. It spent quite awhile hovering around the 200-220 mark, but I noticed that when Brother announced they were discontinuing it, all of a sudden everybody jacked up the price. Where did you get it? The retail outlet may have a 90 day warranty, so you might not be S.O.L.

As for tips like prepping your linework for blue line, check the Creator Community. I know someone just recently posted their method, and I know that info pops up every few months on it's own there. But even if it's not readily available through the forum search, it's still the best sub-forum to post technical questions. You'll usually have several responses within a day. Most of them helpful even!

He will drink the super sauce and throw the bad guys for a loss, just ca-all, for Super Chicken!
Biofungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
Justice41
Piss Off

Justice41 has disabled reputation

Go to Image in PS then click greyscale, once image is converted to grayscale then go back to image and select Duotone. In the color selector pick the color blue or cyan you want to print in and the grayscale image will change to those blue colors then select all and print.
Remember that the original sized art get's reduced down 67% So you'd have to enlarge in reverse. Way i do it is to make a blank page or area in PS at the size I am doing the artwork, then in Image size scale up the width to 11" or the height to 17". This will let you know if you have the right scale. and for the rest of ya's get yourselves a circular slide rule.
Justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote