The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 12-03-2017, 01:50 AM   #1
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Robs art...stuff..

So...heres some of my art. Mostly new stuff from while i was away for the last year.
Time the share...

This was done for my brothers comic hes doing. His characters

My own characters here

And some of you may remember the HIGHLANDER project i was involved in for the 3 seconds . This is some of the art I produced for that.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 01:08 PM   #2
Rob Norton

heres more....

from that Highlander project.. I got to do the cover (which never saw the light of day) but I was pretty happy with it over all even though all I see is the places where I slacked off. anyway.. it is what it is..
the pencils and inks separate

and an variant cover I did.

and another LONG simmering project for me... a He-Man fan comic ive been working on for almost 9 yrs with my brother. its at 100 pages almost right now. and we ARE gonna finish it... we are even talking of doing a kickstarter to fund printing and/or maybe coloring. if we can get away with it. I don't know. anyway.. lots of guest stars and surprise stuff happens in this. I REALLY like this project and I'm gonna get it done or die trying...

Old 12-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Thats some good stuff there Rob, too much to break down and crit so I will make a couple of general observations.

You are getting close ..... but you are letting too much slide, guessing at anatomy, hiding things.....wonky heads.....you render well, and you're bold....but some of the work is not as good as you can really draw.....

keep going
cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

The highlander in the rain piece, awesome.

Cesare is pretty bang on with his crit too, because your drawing in a realistic style, anatomy and faces have to be spot on. Maybe just use more reference when possible.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:40 AM   #5
Rob Norton

Thanks guys. Yeah i know, the old “work on anatomy “ thing. Its always my biggest struggle. Just gotta keep workin. I am trying to find a balance between an fun exciting image comics/marc silvestri style while adding some adam hughes influence, while trying to incorporate a mignola/wagner sense of heavy shadow and minimalizim to my stuff. And i think im confusing my brain.

Just gotta keep practicing.
Again, thanks guys

Rob
Old 12-05-2017, 02:47 AM   #6
Rob Norton

Heres more stuff...

Old 12-05-2017, 03:10 AM   #7
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Man, your stuff is really nice, Rob. I especially LOVE that Highlander alternate cover artwork; definitely has a super-pulpy, sort of Edgar Rice Burroughs feel to it. And the latest ladies you posted—-really nice! You and cesare have a way with ladies, brother!
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:01 AM   #8
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Dude, really like the Jessica Jones piece. Very nice likeness.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #9
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Love your stuff man!
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #10
laur2000ad

laur2000ad is on a distinguished road

The ladies look very good , if they are not traced over photo they are very nice . For other aspects you will discover by yourself in the future , Keep up
laur2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #11
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Tracing over a photo is a great way to execute a drawing. There is nothing, nothing wrong with tracing a photo. For anyone who has never done it, you dont spend much time tracing, there's not much to trace, the contours of the face, where elements are, the subtle shapes that make each face unique, minutes on the trace, then its up to you to really draw...give form and mass to the image, lighting....
Old 12-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #12
laur2000ad

laur2000ad is on a distinguished road

Yes of course , it's nothing wrong . But i though photo use as ,,reference'' help the artist to improve his skills , with traceover it's not so much learning experience
laur2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #13
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

tracing - for speed and accuracy. See Drew Struzan etc.

Reference - For learning and practise.

Both are good for your art.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:06 AM   #14
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

I LOVE the girl with the mohawk
Old 12-06-2017, 03:47 AM   #15
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare2009 View Post
I LOVE the girl with the mohawk
Great minds, cesare. I wanted to comment on her, as well. Really good anatomy and her pose, while passive, still exudes coiled up energy, like she’d pretty much be ready to strike anywhere, anytime. And take this next comment seriously; she’s got a great rack. A lot of artists simply cannot draw symmetrical boobies or make then too large to look legit. Mohawk Girl’s boobs are very well proportioned for her body and sit properly on her chest. Overall, one of the nicest images I’ve seen in awhile.
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote