Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community > DW Group Project

Old 11-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #16
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Creating your own character for something like this would be more work than probably anyone would want to deal with.

Because this place is essential a fan site. A Spawn/Hellboy story would be cool and timely, both are expected to have movies within the next year and a half.

Perhaps a Spawn/Hellboy team up VS Krampus or even funnier Santa Claus.

I would love to help with the writing and lettering. Could probably bring in an artist or two to help with the art.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #17
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Here's a link to the second one, but it looks like all the images are no longer available on rob's Deviant Art account.

http://digitalwebbing.com/forums/sho...=group+project

thanks for finding those BISHOP. yeah..my Deviantart got nuked when my life fell apart a year and a half ago so...those links are all dead. I do still have files of the original art tho.
I just went and re-read all the comments and relived the experience of doing those 2 projects. kinda got me excited to do this new one.
when ED gets an official sub-forum place for this, we can put up a "sign-up" thread to see whos still interested.

rob
12013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #18
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

I figured it was something like that. Glad youíre working things out, and that youíre back on DW.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #19
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Im definitely in for whatever is decided.

on a side note: I think there are enough artists and writers to really draft out an entire original DW universe...do it old school Stan Lee style building up Marvel. Split up a few teams to cover 3 or 4 different books, have the writers interweave them in the same universe. But that's probably over reaching.
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #20
Rob Norton

Ok... but think its good to keep it not so complicated.

Im gonna say something with Hellboy and maybe Spawn. Does anyone have a different suggestion rather than spawn or is that good enough for everyone?

I also have an idea from a witch character to be an antagonist in the story. The one causing trouble.
This could be an original design.

So...my thought...all artists looking to participate...how about you all start doing some female evil witch designs and we can see what design we like best and use that? Is that an idea? Lets get some sketching going and create a villian type.

Anyone game..?

Rob
Old 11-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #21
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

One of my aforementioned characters actually IS a witch who is a good guy, but I could easily see switching her over to a bad girl if you're interested. Or perhaps it could be a case of classic misunderstanding...?
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:03 AM   #22
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Hellboy and ..... Manthing

Hellboy and ..... Frankenstein's Monster

just brain storming.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:25 AM   #23
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Hellboy and ..... Manthing

Hellboy and ..... Frankenstein's Monster

just brain storming.

Good ideas, sevens. What about a story with Hellboy interwoven with several of the classic Universal monsters; Dracula, Frankensteinís Monster, The Mummy, The Wolfman, The Invisible Man and The Creature all while on a mission that transports him to different locales AND time periods giving each participating artist a chance to have their own particular arc depending on which monsters they dig. Heck we could even toss in a few of the more obscure UM, as well...
Old 11-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #24
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Hellboy/Constantine for a weird dynamic

Hellboy/Angela for some duality.

Hellboy/Purgatory for....shizz and giggs.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:23 AM   #25
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Hellboy/Archie
Hellboy/Bone
Hellboy/Darth Vader
Hellboy/Casper
Hellboy/Maxx
Old 11-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #26
jeffchris50

Since we’re brainstorming....

Hellboy/Scooby Doo
Hellboy/Clifford, the “Big Red” Dog

or, since Big Red has a penchant for cats,

Hellboy/Garfield (purely for yucks and yahoos)
Hellboy/Pink Panther (who never says a word)
Hellboy/Felix the Cat

Last edited by jeffchris50; 11-28-2017 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 11-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #27
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffchris50 View Post
Good ideas, sevens. What about a story with Hellboy interwoven with several of the classic Universal monsters; Dracula, Frankensteinís Monster, The Mummy, The Wolfman, The Invisible Man and The Creature all while on a mission that transports him to different locales AND time periods giving each participating artist a chance to have their own particular arc depending on which monsters they dig. Heck we could even toss in a few of the more obscure UM, as well...
this one.. so far..i think has the best potential. I had suggested some kind of universe jumping thing.. but him facing off against classic monsters could be fun.. as well as any other weird monsters we want. each artist could take a specific monster... and handle that part of the story for however many pages they wanted to make it.

we would need to start the story off on a foot that sets up the concept that keeps Hellboy jumping around from place to place. maybe hes being dragged without his control...like getting sucked thru a vortex? each jump takes him to the next creature he encounters..

being that I have experience with managing these things from the last 2, I would suggest that I can take the opening of the story, do a few pages where the story is set up and hellboy is set upon his adventure...setting up everyone else to do their portion.. this also gives the artist the ability to be creative where we can say...for example.."okay BISHOP, your story has hellboy meeting Frankensteins monster. the only must haves is that hellboy needs to emerge from some kind of portal...and goes BACK into one at the end of your pages so the NEXT part is set up".

this gives the artist freedom to write the encounter visually as the want...to be horror themed..or funny..or adventure, or whatever they want.

and when its all put together with the art, we can have the writers that have wanted to join up script the thing with collaboration with the artist and add whatever dialogue they want.

I like this concept. leaves it open to a lot of variety and fun. anyone else agree...?

ROB
Old 11-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #28
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
this one.. so far..i think has the best potential. I had suggested some kind of universe jumping thing.. but him facing off against classic monsters could be fun.. as well as any other weird monsters we want. each artist could take a specific monster... and handle that part of the story for however many pages they wanted to make it.

we would need to start the story off on a foot that sets up the concept that keeps Hellboy jumping around from place to place. maybe hes being dragged without his control...like getting sucked thru a vortex? each jump takes him to the next creature he encounters..

being that I have experience with managing these things from the last 2, I would suggest that I can take the opening of the story, do a few pages where the story is set up and hellboy is set upon his adventure...setting up everyone else to do their portion.. this also gives the artist the ability to be creative where we can say...for example.."okay BISHOP, your story has hellboy meeting Frankensteins monster. the only must haves is that hellboy needs to emerge from some kind of portal...and goes BACK into one at the end of your pages so the NEXT part is set up".

this gives the artist freedom to write the encounter visually as the want...to be horror themed..or funny..or adventure, or whatever they want.

and when its all put together with the art, we can have the writers that have wanted to join up script the thing with collaboration with the artist and add whatever dialogue they want.

I like this concept. leaves it open to a lot of variety and fun. anyone else agree...?

ROB
Maybe some sort of Mcguffin he needs to assemble that has him jumping through different realms to get parts?
Old 11-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #29
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Maybe Hellboy has been sucked into old classic monster movies, ie Last Action Hero and has to solve a mystery to get out?

You could even throw an old Scooby doo episode in, for a crazy interlude.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:25 PM   #30
jeffchris50

Perhaps have Hellboy and whomever he is set against being used in a big game of cosmic chess, checkers or RISK? Perhaps having big Hollywood studio heads (fictional, of course) as the gamesters using Hellboy and his various opponents as the pieces until their game has ended and someone is the winner, not realizing that their game pieces have minds and wills of their own and come to collect at the games' end. Just spit balling, but it would be a great excuse for having the "game pieces" being moved around and transported from place to place....