Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 10-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #61
Artloader

Artloader is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sevans .
Old 10-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #62
Artloader

I've been practicing doing shaded figures from imagination - any critiques would be appreciated:

Old 10-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #63
Artloader

John Singer Sargent Study - Man Wearing Laurels

I thought I'd try my hand at studying one of the Master Painters - John Singer Sargent. This is a study of his painting "Man Wearing Laurels". Critiques appreciated as ever.

The original reference is here:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...A_40.12.10.jpg
Old 10-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #64
Artloader

Raven Studies

Learning to paint ravens:

Old 10-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #65
roryherman

roryherman will become famous soon enoughroryherman will become famous soon enough

Nice work, i would not get to hung up on how long it takes to finish a piece, speed comes with time. self induced deadlines can be a double edged sword, on one hand it can be a motivator to encourage you to get things done, but on the other hand it can make you finish a piece when it would sometimes be more of a benefit to a artist to take a bit more time on the parts of the piece that don,t work. can,t wait to see more.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #66
Artloader

@Roryherman: Good advice, thanks . Yeah, I'm just recently realising the benefit of taking my time over stuff, it really helps the learning process. Thanks for stopping by .

Here's a study of a mouse spider and a design concept for a spider-mutant cultist, any critiques would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #67
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

Great looking spider! I hate spiders... but love Spider-Man... also, my own comic strip gives me the creeps sometimes since it involves insects and I have a few different spider characters. Yours looks almost too real!
Old 10-16-2016, 02:53 AM   #68
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

Nice work on the Sargent study. Your painting is getting better!
Old 11-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #69
Artloader

@Stewart Vernon: Thanks Stewart, yeah scary was my aim on this - good luck with your creepy crawlies .

@Saul Haber: Thanks mate - just plodding on trying to enjoy the process and see what comes .

Here's a piece I submitted to a Halloween themed challenge called Crimson Crucible 6.

The humanoid is called Spiderborn, he is a warrior cultist who's job it is to go out and capture young maidens for ritual sacrifice. He rides around on a giant raven called Ravenred. They are a couple of the baddies in my comic project.

I had to rush it a bit and came nowhere near to winning but enjoyed the experience and learned a few things in the process.

For example I tried tilting the horizon line to add a bit of drama as I've seen some of the pro's do this to great effect. It's a pity I forgot to tilt the clouds as well :/.

Critiques always welcome - thanks .

Old 11-18-2016, 02:17 AM   #70
Artloader

Trying to become more familiar with back muscles.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:26 PM   #71
Artloader

I've been messing about with my process for painting a human figure.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #72
Saul Haber

Saul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really niceSaul Haber is just really nice

Good job learning new techniques and anatomy! Back muscles are definitely something that I find to be tricky.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:12 PM   #73
Artloader

Thanks Saul .

Yeah that écorché study I did in post #70 took a bit of effort but I feel it really paid off by giving me a lot more confidence with back muscles now.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:55 PM   #74
Artloader

The more I learn about doing art, the more I realise the importance of using reference images and studying them.

I'm trying to refine my painting style as well - I'm aiming for a more painterly style.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:23 PM   #75
Artloader

Studying how to paint dogs for a project I'm doing with an author friend of mine.