The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Movies and Television

Old 01-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #1
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

KidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to all

Why Disney likes to do live action movies of non disney toon?

Let's face it. Disney love to do live action movies of non disney toons like George of the Jungle, Inspector gadget, Mr. Magoo, even Underdog. But why Disney loves to do this stuff? Oh, yeah. Disney even did a Dick Tracy movie based from the comics as well.
KidIntense is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of light

Money.
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:13 PM   #3
Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of lightStewart Vernon is a glorious beacon of light

Disney does live-action movies of Disney things too... don't they?
Old 01-06-2015, 10:56 PM   #4
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

KidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to allKidIntense is a name known to all

That too.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Technically Dick Tracy didn't come out under the Disney banner, but I see what you mean. I wouldn't have a problem with those movies (George of the Jungle, Inspector Gadget, etc.) if they didn't suck so bad.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

i wonder if Disney does a live action version of Roger Ramjet, Gigantor, even Sailor Moon?
Old 01-09-2015, 12:55 AM   #7
Alyssa
@AlyCro

Alyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with those movies (George of the Jungle, Inspector Gadget, etc.) if they didn't suck so bad.
My mum was so wooed by Brendan Fraser's "hunky-ness" in that movie that she took me and my sister to go see it FOUR TIMES while it was in cinema. Of course, she claimed that it was us kids that insisted to see it so many times.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:42 AM   #8
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

I mean Disney even does movie from marvel Comics, so why not give the indie creators a chance to write movies based on their own comic book heroes for Disney.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #9
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Well... Disney owns Marvel, so they are technically making movies of their own characters. There isn't much benefit to Disney to have unknown creators develop unknown properties for unknown/unreliable profits.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:01 PM   #10
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

Well, just because they say that, doesn't mean it is true. We can still try anyway.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #11
Bishop

True. Have at it! Let us know if Disney decides to produce a film for you!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #12
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

Thanks. I sure hope they do a sailor moon movie from disney.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #13
Scribbly
Easy reader

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidIntense View Post
I mean Disney even does movie from marvel Comics, so why not give the indie creators a chance to write movies based on their own comic book heroes for Disney.
IF your comics book heroes are becoming really famous and popular as the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" did, pretty sure that Disney or any other important movie studio will call you back for make a movie of it.
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #14
KidIntense
Vincent K Morris Jr

Thank you. I hope it becomes an acadamy award winning movie as well.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #15
Moonrider
Registered Abuser

Moonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud ofMoonrider has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidIntense View Post
Thanks. I sure hope they do a sailor moon movie from disney.
No. Bad idea.
Moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote