The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Inker Showcase

Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
grumpyfatfury

grumpyfatfury is on a distinguished road

Predator - K. McCoy pencils

Here's a recent sample with pencils by the incredibly talented Kevin McCoy.

Check out his site here: http://klawmccoy.deviantart.com/gallery/

And mine here: http://jk5-inks.deviantart.com/gallery/

grumpyfatfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #2
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

everything looks pretty damn good to me, (wish the pencils were posted here as well)

but I don't think the background trees behind the predators head and near the moon look very good. they look boring and lazy as compared to everything else. not sure what the penciller did and maybe you followed his work, but either way, to me, they take away from the rest of the image, which looks really really kick ass.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
grumpyfatfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Norton View Post
everything looks pretty damn good to me, (wish the pencils were posted here as well)

but I don't think the background trees behind the predators head and near the moon look very good. they look boring and lazy as compared to everything else. not sure what the penciller did and maybe you followed his work, but either way, to me, they take away from the rest of the image, which looks really really kick ass.

rob
Thanks very much Rob. This was a bit on the tougher side for me as I tried to separate the elements the best I could.

In all honesty, I hate what I did with the background; I should have tried experimenting a little for a better effect.

Thanks for the kind words.

And since you asked:

Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

ahh...that's awesome to see the pencils.

see...I really think you brought this image to life. you added and defined all kinds of cool textures. a first rate job.

if it just wasn't for that little patch of trees above his head. not sure what I would have done with them though. maybe not solid blacks, but a crosshatched look? I don't know. either way, you did an amazing job.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
grumpyfatfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Norton View Post
ahh...that's awesome to see the pencils.

see...I really think you brought this image to life. you added and defined all kinds of cool textures. a first rate job.

if it just wasn't for that little patch of trees above his head. not sure what I would have done with them though. maybe not solid blacks, but a crosshatched look? I don't know. either way, you did an amazing job.

rob
EXACTLY what I was thinking for the trees after the fact. I actually started out with this just hatched with lines, then tried the cross-hatching, but wasn't overly with the result, thus solid black. Should have kept with my original idea.