The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #46
Adam Gorham

Adam Gorham is on a distinguished road

Toronto comicon!

COME SEE ME @ TORONTO COMICON, MARCH 10-11!
Adam Gorham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #47
thejaz180
The artist from Brooklyn

thejaz180 is a jewel in the roughthejaz180 is a jewel in the roughthejaz180 is a jewel in the rough

I dig it a lot, I like those color schemes too, awesome.
thejaz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #48
Adam Gorham

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejaz180 View Post
I dig it a lot, I like those color schemes too, awesome.
Thanks dude!

As always, brand new Teuton pages are on the way...

Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #49
thejaz180
The artist from Brooklyn

thejaz180 is a jewel in the roughthejaz180 is a jewel in the roughthejaz180 is a jewel in the rough

Cool looking shot.
thejaz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #50
Adam Gorham

New teuton pages online!

Secrecy be damned! Witness the first act of all out war as the gods go toe-to-toe with one another!

Check it all out @ A PRINCELY DREADFUL!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #51
Adam Gorham

Old 03-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #52
Adam Gorham

Exclusive batman print

I'll be at the TORONTO COMICON this weekend selling an limited Batman print (50 signed & numbered) exclusive to the show!

BE THERE! GET YOURS!

Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
creativesynergy
Steve Colle, Editor

creativesynergy has a spectacular aura aboutcreativesynergy has a spectacular aura aboutcreativesynergy has a spectacular aura about

Adam, have you been visiting the Creator Community on these boards? You may have a problem selling the same image multiple times over as it's the property of DC Comics. Look at the whole debacle over Marvel suing the co-writer/co-creator of Ghost Rider. One copy of the image will bring you, what - $25 to $50 (dependent upon size and other factors)? Multiple sales from the same property's image will garner some more money, money that people from DC might have issues with you having. I don't know if pro artists have been told to "keep the noise down" when it comes to promoting sales of artwork from DC's, Marvel's, Dark Horse's, etc. characters, but it won't take someone from Legal to blow the whistle on you. All artist "A" has to do is tell artist "B" and the snowball effect generated can cause some serious problems for you, making you a "threat" instead of a small fish.

Watch yourself, my friend.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #54
Adam Gorham

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativesynergy View Post
Adam, have you been visiting the Creator Community on these boards? You may have a problem selling the same image multiple times over as it's the property of DC Comics. Look at the whole debacle over Marvel suing the co-writer/co-creator of Ghost Rider. One copy of the image will bring you, what - $25 to $50 (dependent upon size and other factors)? Multiple sales from the same property's image will garner some more money, money that people from DC might have issues with you having. I don't know if pro artists have been told to "keep the noise down" when it comes to promoting sales of artwork from DC's, Marvel's, Dark Horse's, etc. characters, but it won't take someone from Legal to blow the whistle on you. All artist "A" has to do is tell artist "B" and the snowball effect generated can cause some serious problems for you, making you a "threat" instead of a small fish.

Watch yourself, my friend.
Those aforementioned legal battles made famous on the web caused many a knee-jerk reaction amongst fans and creators. From what I've been told by friends and industry folk alike, Neither Disney or Time-Warner want to mess with artists selling prints or commissions of popular characters at conventions. CB Cebulski himself told me that Marvel encourages the practice because it cultivates a love for their characters which translates to comic sales.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #55
creativesynergy
Steve Colle, Editor

creativesynergy has a spectacular aura aboutcreativesynergy has a spectacular aura aboutcreativesynergy has a spectacular aura about

Great to hear, especially given the professional assurance.

Go for it!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #56
Adam Gorham

I'm on twitter

I am now on Twitter!

You're welcome to follow me: @AdamTGorham
Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #57
Adam Gorham

New teuton pages!

It's been too long since my last batch of pages from the upcoming TEUTON Vol. 2, so here's the full God-fight scene! A PRINCELY DREADFUL

Old 04-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #58
Adam Gorham

Exciting new TEUTON pages @ A PRINCELY DREADFUL!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #59
DarkKni9hT
Th'Ink Tank

DarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to beholdDarkKni9hT is a splendid one to behold

Does posting in extra large text somehow make you feel like we'll pay more attention to you? To me, it just seems like a cry for attention. If your artwork doesn't speak for you, bigger letters won't help.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #60
Adam Gorham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
Does posting in extra large text somehow make you feel like we'll pay more attention to you? To me, it just seems like a cry for attention. If your artwork doesn't speak for you, bigger letters won't help.
I guess apologies are in order. How rude of me to cry for your attention with my post (extra-large font and all) on my thread concerning my artwork. Unlike the many other threads posted by artists showcasing their work on Digital Webbing's Artists Forum, which I now assume are all low-key and above drawing attention to themselves, I very arrogantly assumed anyone following my work on my thread already was paying attention to myself and the content I'm sharing. Sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities and committing this egregious faux pas.

That said, I hereby cordially invite you to follow my blog, A Princely Dreadful, so that you may side step these loud and desperate pleas for your attention, and enjoy the straight goods.

That goes for anyone else following, including all those who have expressed interest and appreciation for my work on here or elsewhere. You're also welcome to follow me on Twitter: @AdamTGorham

The epic saga of Teuton continues, and I would hate for you to miss it. But if these words don't cut it, here is a picture:

Sincerely,

Adam Gorham