The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 06-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
John Caliber

John Caliber is on a distinguished road

Hello Everybody - 'The Death Of Rapting' (GN pages)

I've only been working on this project 'full-time' since early 2012, writing, drawing and lettering. The writing is an ass because the plot despite my best efforts remains in flux, but the drawings are coming out quite well. In total, The Death Of Rapting will have 96 pages; once it's completed, I'll see if a publisher will take it on.

Here's the URL to my blog 'Calibermatics' with all the unlettered pages to date:
http://calibermatics.blogspot.co.uk/

Hope you find something of interest among them

John
John Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to all

fyi...

most people, myself included...dont want to click away to some other site. post your art here of you want comments. comments are hard to come by here as it is anyway.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
John Caliber

John Caliber is on a distinguished road

It's no effort to visit a perfectly good blog, and impractical to reiterate what's already up there which took quite some time to set up. I've just got some nice pages to share and comments aren't a requirement, but thanks (sincerely) for your suggestion, Rob.
John Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 AM   #4
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to all

okay...well..good luck with that. im not going to go look. cause you have given me zero reason to give a crap. not gonna sell your work very well that way. show us something to go "wow..thats awesome... I want to see more/know more about this guy that is awesome."
but no....so... okay.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
Lloyd

Lloyd is on a distinguished road

@John Caliber

If this is your little scheme to get more hits on your site well then consider me a willing accomplice..well i took a peek at your site and some of your pages and here's what i can say..im no professional artist myself but i've read a ton of comics so i guess i have some idea of what im talking about when i give my critique and comments

Your colors are okay, storytelling im not sure about that but composition wise and staging..well it looks ok..the only problem is the anatomy..if you'd like to think that the anatomy is ok and because it's an artistic style or a way it is drawn then i guess you'd better have to go back and draw some more life drawing sessions..we as your readers are willing to suspend our belief and ignore the idea that that forearm doesn't look weird because it's the artist's style but what we can't live with is the unnatural poses the characters are taking..

it's ok if you're not accurate in your drawing of a man standing with his arms crossed in his chest but are the poses of my characters believable?..ask that always..if your art lacks the visual accuracy in drawing something it it isn't that accurate then is it believable..take Guy Davis' work for example..

the guy draws really weird anatomy and his women are so goddamn unnattractive but why am i liking the guy's work soooo goddamn much!!?! because he's characters' poses are believable he may not draw Hellboy's or Abe Sapien's face consistently and accurately every other panel..but his poses and composition is do goddamn beliavable..take a look at his stuff here..and if you say that you don't want to click on some link because you want to see the actual stuff posted here then let me borrow what you just told us then.

Im not being smug here or anything..you do have some nice stuff at your site John..your coloring is already superb im just being honest here with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Caliber View Post
It's no effort to visit a perfectly good blog, and impractical to reiterate what's already up there which took quite some time to set up.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lZVMRHFY_x...iesBPRDink.jpg
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote