The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 03-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
kong
Shrapnel collector...

kong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to all

Deadpool vs. Carebears vs. Dr. Phil...

Deadpool vs. Carebears vs. Dr. Phil...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 03-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Eric Rabbitsmasher
Call me Rabbit Fighter

Eric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really nice

Lol, WTF?

Whatzabuzz, the Website
Eric Rabbitsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
dpendleton
Is a sexual being.

dpendleton will become famous soon enough

This is insane lol.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Scribbly
Lazy Reader

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Very cool. These are things you can find only in comics. LOL.

A question for you.
Which paper is better for you, Canson Comics or Strathmore?
I can see you are using both on these samples.
I really like the texture of Canson paper.
What about Strathmore, it is better, the same?
Thanks.
Scribbly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
kong
Shrapnel collector...

kong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to all

Eric - My favorite character is Deadpool cause he has psychotic episodes but with a comical current to them.

dpendleton - thanks. I should have focused something more pertaining to what Marvel is looking for, but I got swept away in a story that popped into my head and lost what was suppose to be the focus.

Scribbly - It's kinda crazy because I'm always fiddling around with different pencils and ways of doing comic pages. So like Canson Comics paper I was in love with a few months ago but then I started using HB pencils more and I found that for me the HB feels kinda rough against the surface of the paper so I switched to the Strathmore which feels smoother to me using an HB. On the first page I took my thumbnails and put them in photoshop, blew them up to fit on 11x17 comic board, turned them into blue line in Photoshop then lightened them and printed them off my 11x17 Brother printer/scanner onto the comic board then drew over top of that. That is how I've been doing pages for a while but on the rest of the four I felt compelled to do it by taking my thumbs into Photoshop then blowing them up to a letter sized paper and print them out. Then I just printed the borders on the comic board and I used the rough print outs to draw from onto the comic board. To make it look a bit cleaner and it seemed more fun because then I could make adjustments a bit more and not feel so locked into the thumbs sketch lines.
Back when I was inking my own pages I liked the Canson better for inks except I had to stop using a few types of pens that it seemed the ink wouldn't dry very fast on that paper and I'd smeer it.

So yea when using a hard lead the Canson is really nice but I kinda am liking the Strathmore more again, and I started using a blue line lead is a mechanical pencil for the details on the last 3 pages then going over that with an HB.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Eric Rabbitsmasher
Call me Rabbit Fighter

Eric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really niceEric Rabbitsmasher is just really nice

I would suggest that just as you seem to gain detail when you draw large and shrink it down, you seem to lose detail when you draw small and try to blow it up - it's easier to do perspectives and layouts small I think, you can space your VP's further apart, and it gives you a better idea what it will look like in print, but after you blow it up you really have to look at the whole thing at the new larger size and fill in the blanks - the fist page especially has some problems, the lamp is at a different perspective, and the whole background looks oversimplified in the first panel, the BG in the bottom panel looks equally sparse.

Whatzabuzz, the Website
Eric Rabbitsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote