The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 11-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
TypH
28 Days Later

TypH is on a distinguished road

Art Of TypH

Hello everyone, i'm new here an just thought i'd show off some art i've done, I'm a young comic book artist an writer, an hope you all like my stuff feel free to critic away an such. Hope you all dig everything an hope to meet a bunch of cool new people.

my first piece is my first drawing ion my new 11x14 sketch book of Frankenstein & his bride tribute.

Next is a piece I did for my friend Sean Koury comic "The Bounty Hunter"

My First every Swamp Thing piece

TypH is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
TypH
28 Days Later

More sketches an stuff

Next is just a practic comic page I did for fun, Inspired by one of my fav writers Clive Barkers NightBreed comic.

a more cartoon style I guess you could say version of Vincent Price from memory wasn't looking at any pics while doing this one for fun so kind of doesn't look much like him but the new ones of him will look more like him:P

Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
TypH
28 Days Later

Heres some more Clive Barker inspired art

first is a Pinhead Piece

Some more Hatebreed art.

pin-up for a small ashcan comic I did called Gulliver Brimstone, This was suppose to be for the new full issue which never happed Gulliver:Freakshow! After looking at it alot I wasn't happy with the girl but theres nothing that can be done with her now so:P

Old 11-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
TypH
28 Days Later

Aleister Arcane sketchs. Along with some Creature from the black lagoon inspired sketchs all for fun.

The first one is inspired by a panel from issue 1 of Aleister Arcane. I liked the idea so I did my own of it an changed up his jacket a little an changed the poster to a "Creature From The Black Lagoon" one :twisted: Hope you dig them alot folks, might also start the inks for Frankie tonight too after avoiding it for awhile haha :lol: The actual panel that inspired this sketch is done by the awesome Breehn Burns

Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
drewerd
Dancing on the Ceiling

drewerd is a jewel in the roughdrewerd is a jewel in the roughdrewerd is a jewel in the roughdrewerd is a jewel in the rough

Cool stuff man. I would vary the line weight a little more when you are inking. It wil help create a little more depth. try to avoid dead line weights.

look forward to seeing you progress
drewerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
joh james
Artist, Writer, Director.

joh james is just really nicejoh james is just really nicejoh james is just really nicejoh james is just really nice

Nice portfolio, Typh! Very eclectic stuff and mucho detailing. Keep at it, brother. Best avice I could give is to start paying more attention to life drawing and real anatomy and less focus on creating from your imagination. The latter is heavily dependent on memory, and if you've never studied real life bodies in motion all your brain is doing is interpreting what it might look like. Get those real life experiences under your belt, bro!!! Cheers, and good luck!
joh james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
TypH
28 Days Later

drewerd: Thanks for taking the time to look at my stuff, glad you like it so far, an thanks for the the tip, i'll play around with added bigger lines to create more depth in my inking stage

Joh James: Thanks for taking the time to comment bud, Glad you like my stuff, thanks for the tips, yea i'm gonna do some more life sketches from magazines an such an work on my characters figures an such

Thanks again guys
Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #8
TypH
28 Days Later

Some superhero quick sketchs.

Gambit.

Justice League

Toad

Halo esque request
Old 12-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
TypH
28 Days Later

after long delay or lazyness you pick haha, heres the inks for the Frankenstein & Bride tribute piece, Hope you all like it still my fav piece to date.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
NorthWindComics

NorthWindComics is on a distinguished road

critique:

the bad: 1. some of your anatomy is awkward and some it down-right odd. 2. Your inking in some places carries the same methodic line and cross hatching, even when it would be best to try and use a stippling technique or other method to communicate texture.

I think you should: 1. hit the life drawing circuit and draw the hell out of a lot of real naked people. 2. take a look at some good Top-Cow inkers. You'll see what Im talking about in terms of communicating texture via various inking methods.

the good: 1. You've got some really clean, tight pencils 2. your composition is strong, and wonderfully experimental. 3. It's clear you've got drive, power, and talent.

*You just need to shore up some technical loose ends.
NorthWindComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
TypH
28 Days Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWindComics
the bad: 1. some of your anatomy is awkward and some it down-right odd. 2. Your inking in some places carries the same methodic line and cross hatching, even when it would be best to try and use a stippling technique or other method to communicate texture.

I think you should: 1. hit the life drawing circuit and draw the hell out of a lot of real naked people. 2. take a look at some good Top-Cow inkers. You'll see what Im talking about in terms of communicating texture via various inking methods.

the good: 1. You've got some really clean, tight pencils 2. your composition is strong, and wonderfully experimental. 3. It's clear you've got drive, power, and talent.

*You just need to shore up some technical loose ends.
Thanks for the comment, thanks for the tip yea im gonna do some more from life sketches to work om my figures an such. I'm glad you like i got the drive an power an talent:P I'll also check out top-cow inkers i like a couple of there books so , thanks again bud
Old 12-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
TypH
28 Days Later

Zombie Thor piece for fun

Contest Entry on DA, not happy with how thin the waist came out for the canadian guy i created but oh well.

Ghost Rider sketch for fun.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
chris stevens

chris stevens is just really nicechris stevens is just really nicechris stevens is just really nicechris stevens is just really nicechris stevens is just really nicechris stevens is just really nice

just looked through all this and saw you're 20 years old. you've got a future if you work hard and keep it rolling. one thing i noticed, you got some great advice from jose(joh james)and some others and you mentioned you'll do more life drawing from magazines...do more life drawing from life. find some live models to draw. sit in a public place with a sketchbook and draw the folks around you. do it every day for an hour or two. i'll bet you your stuff grows a mile in 6 months.

http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...ad.php?t=77661
chris stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
TypH
28 Days Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris stevens
just looked through all this and saw you're 20 years old. you've got a future if you work hard and keep it rolling. one thing i noticed, you got some great advice from jose(joh james)and some others and you mentioned you'll do more life drawing from magazines...do more life drawing from life. find some live models to draw. sit in a public place with a sketchbook and draw the folks around you. do it every day for an hour or two. i'll bet you your stuff grows a mile in 6 months.
Thanks for the comment Chris, yep only 20:P glad you think I have a future with drawing means alot man, an i'm def gonna keep working hard at it, an i'll do my best to sketch more people in public just live out in country so i tend to only see the odd cars an birds haha
Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #15
TypH
28 Days Later

Invincible sketch before dinner

Herc request sketch from marvel boards

Blade commission for friend