Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
PMarshall

PMarshall will become famous soon enough

Old Man Logan

Okay so, this miniseries was one of my favorites to come along for awhile but....
after waiting for a couple months for the conclusion I couldn't wait to finally see logan use his claws and find out how he gets his vengence. And now that I read it I feel a little let down. I wanted alot more from this issue....sure McNiven's art is fantastic and I like the bonus material in the back. Also the story had a few funny moments like the hulk eating logan and I like the western vibe of it, but is that it?? I wanted more...anybody with me?
PMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
Eugene Selassie

Eugene Selassie has a spectacular aura aboutEugene Selassie has a spectacular aura aboutEugene Selassie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMarshall
Okay so, this miniseries was one of my favorites to come along for awhile but....
after waiting for a couple months for the conclusion I couldn't wait to finally see logan use his claws and find out how he gets his vengence. And now that I read it I feel a little let down. I wanted alot more from this issue....sure McNiven's art is fantastic and I like the bonus material in the back. Also the story had a few funny moments like the hulk eating logan and I like the western vibe of it, but is that it?? I wanted more...anybody with me?
Hate to say to you all that I told you so...
I KNEW this was going to be a fart in the wind, just like FF was, just like 1985 was, just like the final act of Enemy of the State was and just like Civil War was.
Even though the concept was sound, there was no way that a satisfying enough ending was going to come of this.
McNiven did some heavy lifting and his art looked much less static than in the past.
But this really should've been a miniseries. Locking up his main title for this long and such a whopper of a delay...that kind of shit should not be allowed.
As long as we have the fans that don't care if a book is over a year late, as long as it has the same creative team on it, STUFF LIKE THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING.
Eugene Selassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Mark Bertolini
Scum of the Earth.

Mark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to behold

I kinda want to see what came next, with Logan heading out to take down the villains with the inbred mutant baby of Bruce Banner strapped to his back.

That's the story that I want to see.

But I enjoyed this. It was mindless, fun, and entertaining. And nothing beats Logan and Hawkeye booting around in the Spider-Mobile.

-Tom Waits
Mark Bertolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
Phatman
Midi-chlorians are a lie!

Phatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLCBertolini
But I enjoyed this. It was mindless, fun, and entertaining. And nothing beats Logan and Hawkeye booting around in the Spider-Mobile.
Word.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
RandallFlagg
A Stranger

RandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to beholdRandallFlagg is a splendid one to behold

Did they ever explain what happened to the Super Soldier Serum Hawkeye was carting around? I read this series at work on breaks, so I can't really go back and check.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

Biofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallFlagg
Did they ever explain what happened to the Super Soldier Serum Hawkeye was carting around? I read this series at work on breaks, so I can't really go back and check.
It was taken into "custody" by the Red Skull employed S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

He will drink the super sauce and throw the bad guys for a loss, just ca-all, for Super Chicken!
Biofungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Selassie
Hate to say to you all that I told you so...
I KNEW this was going to be a fart in the wind, just like FF was, just like 1985 was, just like the final act of Enemy of the State was and just like Civil War was.
Even though the concept was sound, there was no way that a satisfying enough ending was going to come of this.
McNiven did some heavy lifting and his art looked much less static than in the past.
But this really should've been a miniseries. Locking up his main title for this long and such a whopper of a delay...that kind of shit should not be allowed.
As long as we have the fans that don't care if a book is over a year late, as long as it has the same creative team on it, STUFF LIKE THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING.

im so sick of your self righteous bitching.

you know how everything should be run and you blame everyone for your perceptions of whats wrong with everything.
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Eugene Selassie

Eugene Selassie has a spectacular aura aboutEugene Selassie has a spectacular aura aboutEugene Selassie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Norton
im so sick of your self righteous bitching.

you know how everything should be run and you blame everyone for your perceptions of whats wrong with everything.
Ok...Free Speech now null and void because Rob Norton said so. More pate and shrimp cocktail to come.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Selassie
Ok...Free Speech now null and void because Rob Norton said so. More pate and shrimp cocktail to come.

now you make an argument about something that was never brought up or implied. (free speech?!?) you create talking points based on nothing discussed to make yourself sound ..again.. oh so self righteous. (to say nothing of the "crucifed" comment on the other thread) god you love being on the cross dont you. " i TOOOOLD you so. i TOLD you"
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Eugene Selassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Norton
now you make an argument about something that was never brought up or implied. (free speech?!?) you create talking points based on nothing discussed to make yourself sound ..again.. oh so self righteous. (to say nothing of the "crucifed" comment on the other thread) god you love being on the cross dont you. " i TOOOOLD you so. i TOLD you"
Go jump back on your bandwagon.
Excuse me for daring to challenge what I see as inferior storytelling.