The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Golden Goat Studios / Ray Dillon

Old 11-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Ray Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation RENAE DE LIZ draws SONIC THE HEDGEHOG for Archie Comics! IN STORES TODAY!!

RENAE DE LIZ - ARTIST

Renae De Liz started drawing comics because of Sonic the Hedgehog, so this is a childhood dream come true. She's currently pencilling issue #198 and is loving it.

Renae's Bio: I was born in Anchorage, Alaska, moved around in California and Oregon, and finally settled in Kansas with my beautiful son Tycen.

I'm a huge fan of zombie and scary, scary cave movies (which should be its own genre), video games, drawing, cooking, watching my fat cats gobble food, reading, and eating lots of bread.

And here's a quick note from Renae about working on the book so far:

Hi guys!

I thought I'd share some pages from Sonic the Hedgehog #198! I'm so excited about this, this was THE book I loved as a kid that got me into comics in the first place waaaaay back in the early nineties during the Sonic 2 days of yore. The whole series has an extra special place with me.

There has been some learning curve, Archie uses traditional inkers most the time, so I needed to make sure I used a VERY light pencil, which I'm not used to yet ( which is why the scans might look a bit odd due to darkening in photoshop) and learning where to roughly place word balloons. Also, trying to learn to keep the page in fit condition for the inker is hard for me No more eating spaghetti over my pages I guess.

Anyway, I got permission to post a few pages. Let me know what you think!

Here are some preview pages:

That's all for now. We'll update again as soon as we can.

For now, go check out Renae on the web:

http://www.GoldenGoatStudios.com/Renae
http://renaedeliz.deviantart.com
http://www.myspace.com/renaedeliz
http://renaedeliz.blogspot.com

And visit our message boards to talk to her about the work:

http://forums.goldengoatstudios.com

And here you can download the SONIC desktop wallpaper at 1024x768 pixels She drew it and I inked and colored it for fun before she got the job:

Thanks fer lookin'! Have a wonderful day!

~Ray
ART: COVERS : COMICS : FILM/GAME : YOUTUBE : FOLLOW ME!

Last edited by Ray Dillon; 03-12-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Ray Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
JamieRoberts

JamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud ofJamieRoberts has much to be proud of

Saw this on dA. Can't imagine how exciting this must be, achieving a childhood dream!

Good on ya, 'Nae!
JamieRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
Phatman
Midi-chlorians are a lie!

Phatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud of

Renae:

Superb work! Good luck on the book.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
Propsdue
Ye not Guilty

Propsdue will become famous soon enough

Way to go Nae..Watched you evolve to greatness over the years and its so good to see you taking off..Go Sonic!

Stop and visit MaddProps.Com!!!!!!!!
Propsdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
hardinart
the art monkey

hardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to allhardinart is a name known to all

Very Awesome! Congrats Neanea.
hardinart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #6
sgm
pencil and ink monkey

sgm has disabled reputation

Congratulations! The pages look great.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
Imboden
Writer and Hero for Hire

Imboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to behold

"RayNea" is awesome.

That's the only word that needs to be used.

Awesome.

Great job landing a dream gig, kiddo!
Warmageddon Whipping Boy
WWFoJD?
Imboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #8
BW Fan
Ed says 'Hi!'

BW Fan will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, Nae! Does this mean you don't want me harassing top comic company execs on your behalf anymore?

My MySpace Page
BW Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
JeffPowell
Never Teach The Wu-Tang

JeffPowell will become famous soon enoughJeffPowell will become famous soon enough

Nice work. Reminds me of a mix of James Fry and Sam Maxwell. It almost saddens me to not be working on the title anymore. Best of luck!

D E S I G N
L E T T E R I N G

go me | negative ink. | Two-Fisted Science!
JeffPowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #10
John Rauch
The problem with comics.

John Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to allJohn Rauch is a name known to all

This looks great on all counts! The first cover I ever colored was for a Knuckles comic and I've always been a Sonic fan, but never really bought the comics, but I think I'll start picking them up now!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #11
Toyandgadgetguy
Eat your vitamins. Really

Toyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud ofToyandgadgetguy has much to be proud of

Congratulations!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #12
Ray Dillon
Golden Goat Studios

Ray Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to beholdRay Dillon is a splendid one to behold

****UPDATE****

THIS ISSUE IS IN STORES NOW!!

PENCILS by our very own RENAE DE LIZ!!
Inks by Jim Amash
Colors by Jason Jensen
ART: COVERS : COMICS : FILM/GAME : YOUTUBE : FOLLOW ME!
Ray Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:40 AM   #13
brent
Golden Goat Member

brent will become famous soon enoughbrent will become famous soon enough

I'm going to pick this up as soon as I can. Congratulations!
brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
Imboden
Writer and Hero for Hire

Imboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to behold

Yo, I bought my copy! I'm gonna have THE Renae De Liz sign this sucker next time I see her!

Good job, girly-girl! It looks super!
Warmageddon Whipping Boy
WWFoJD?
Imboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
Phatman
Midi-chlorians are a lie!

Phatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud ofPhatman has much to be proud of

Nice work---congrats.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote