Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
macho

macho will become famous soon enough

some sample wolverine pages

hey guys im looking for some crits on what i should be working on...also im always looking for a good 3-5 page story to pencil so if you got something you need drawn maybe we can make it happen*** thanks fellas

macho is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
dpendleton
Is a sexual being.

dpendleton will become famous soon enough

Pretty cool stuff.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
breakwater
rygoso

breakwater is on a distinguished road

some perspective and porportions are off.

pg1 panel 2 not counting the inserts. the desk is way to small compare to the door it should be a little bigger. and if you look at page 3 that deals with perspective, inside the cabin, your off again. the desk the sofa but you did manage to pull off the shot of the room where cyclops is in. you also have some porportion problems when you draw the arm pulling back. some of the shots work but most off them dosn't cause you can tell right away when you first look at them. its ok if its not to noticable but like i said some of your is to noticable. i don't know if its from a script that you work off from but it seems you got alot of inserts that you don't really need. some of your shot already establish what is going on but for some reason theres another similar shot of it in a insert. i got confuse in the scene where wolvie jumps at the guy. try to make your page layout as simple as it can be.simple is always better every shot got to count. overal pretty good job. i would recomend working on drawing diffrent shot cause most of these are pretty dead on. well thats my two cent hope it helps.
breakwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
Raff
Raffaele Ienco

Raff is on a distinguished road

Some really cool stuff!

Page one --I don't think you need the close up of the sign "Keep Out" since you can see it fine in the previous panel. The page would look better without it.

Otherwise it's damn fine.

Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #5
jeffo46
BANNED

jeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to all

You have some perspective and anatomy issues with the shots showing the interior of the cabin,other than that,those are some very tight pencils with some great storytelling.Keep it up!
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
JeffW.
I always finish what I st

JeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of lightJeffW. is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I agree. That storytelling is really top notch.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
dhyatt
Here to Help

dhyatt will become famous soon enough

Continue working on your main characters. The Backrounds are terrific to which the still life out-shines the characters. I've seen a lot of published art where it's the other way around.
dhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #8
macho

macho will become famous soon enough

thanks for the feedback guys!

breakwater and jeff46- i agree the perspective in the interior shots is a little weak and some of the insets are redundant but i just cant resist showing those close up fury shots of wolverine! lol. i will definitly work on these things in my next series, thanks

dpendleton raff and jeffw-thanks

dhyatt- yeah i know i have a bad habbit of over drawing my backrounds, in the future i'll try to keep it more on an even keel, thanks
macho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
joh james
Artist, Writer, Director.

joh james is just really nicejoh james is just really nicejoh james is just really nicejoh james is just really nice

Macho, luv your stuff, brother. Clean and crisp. A rounded linework with heavy contrasts. Great! Advice? Wolvy breaks into a cabin that's well lit initially and turns pitch black when he poses in the doorway. Angle repetitions on characters and inanimate objects denote that you're on autopilot but not really taking the time to "individualize" your shots. We all suffer from that at some point in our careers. Just make note of it. You repeat the cabin/sign angle several times. You also repeat Wolverine's three-quarter-front pose five times. Mix it up, bro! And put some backgrounds back into page 4(inside or outside?). Solid stuff.
joh james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

nice to see you back macho
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
TACTICS1

TACTICS1 will become famous soon enough

These are some great pages...
TACTICS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
FernanDitto
www.sapienstoonz.netfirms

FernanDitto has a spectacular aura aboutFernanDitto has a spectacular aura about

amazing line art man.Congrats

Fer!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
a perfect circle

a perfect circle is on a distinguished road

great talent for storytelling macho! the art is good.
a perfect circle is offline   Reply With Quote