Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Comic Books

Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Allegory Comics
Master Marlovian

Allegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to behold

Comic book characters' religions

I just stumbled across an interesting Web site that some creators might find helpful.

THE RELIGIOUS AFFILIATION OF COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS
(on a world religions web site)
http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/..._religion.html

It's pretty detailed, but being that I don't know all of these characters' religions, I can't say how accurate this page is.
Allegory Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Scott Story
www.johnnysaturn.com

Scott Story has disabled reputation

They've got Johnny Saturn on there, but they list his publisher with a question mark as South Boston, not Story Studios. They don't know his religous background, but then neither do I.
Scott Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
The Anti-crest
Robert Tidwell - JUGGALO

The Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really niceThe Anti-crest is just really nice

I've seen that before. It's interesting. I wish they had more Unitarian superheros. heh.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
Allegory Comics
Master Marlovian

Allegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to beholdAllegory Comics is a splendid one to behold

I can't find Johnny Saturn on there. Where is it?

AS for them getting it wrong ... They probably just assume the character's religion, based on how they interpret the stories. That doesn't mean they're right. Still, some of them are pretty interesting.

BTW - I don't mind too much, but why was this moved to the comic forum? I posted as a creator resource. Like I said, I guess I don't mind, but it seemed better suited there.
Allegory Comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Scott Story
www.johnnysaturn.com

Scott Story has disabled reputation

JS is on the page of character of unsure religious affiliation, along with the likes of the Wraith, Shadowflame, and some others associated with the Global Champions.
Scott Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #6
Paul Sanderson
Dread Avenger

Paul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud of

Nice to have us all included, eh Scott?

The Wraith is Catholic, like me.
www.trinitycomics.com
www.twitter.com/Trinity_Comics
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinit...43120692428699

Personal site: www.frankdirscherl.com
Paul Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
The Dag
Clan G33K$

The Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud of

i worship wraith
Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
Paul Sanderson
Dread Avenger

Paul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud ofPaul Sanderson has much to be proud of

I wish you'd buy it instead
www.trinitycomics.com
www.twitter.com/Trinity_Comics
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinit...43120692428699

Personal site: www.frankdirscherl.com
Paul Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
HaphazardJoy
BANGARANG!

HaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to beholdHaphazardJoy is a splendid one to behold

I wonder why there's so few buddhist heroes... you know what? I bet:
The Shadow knows...

http://www.last.fm/user/HaphazardJoy
http://www.shelfari.com/HaphazardJoy/shelf
HaphazardJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
JJ McKool
Laughing Hysterically

JJ McKool has a spectacular aura aboutJJ McKool has a spectacular aura aboutJJ McKool has a spectacular aura about

Gotta love the Joker entry, "being Batman's arch-enemy."

Portfolio
JJ McKool is offline   Reply With Quote