Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Comic Books

Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Imboden
Writer and Hero for Hire

Imboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to behold

Comics You Miss

I was talking to a customer today and out of the blue I remembered a comic I used to love:

Quantum and Woody

Man, I miss that book (along with books like Static, Icon and Hardware).

What do you miss?
Warmageddon Whipping Boy
WWFoJD?
Imboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

X-Statix. Although that was kind of complete the way it was done.
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
W. Smith
W. Smith Publications

W. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to all

Hmmmm, I never really got into this line from DC...I'm not sure what I miss, I really liked some of the valiant stuff...

I miss the pre-movie era feel to comics, when it seemd to belong to me. Now spider man belongs to the world, when I was a kid, I was the only kid that I knew that read Web of Spider man, or any spider man. I never felt like a geek, but it did make me feel like that world belonged to me and me alone. now everyone thinks they know everything just cause they have seen the movies, like it my fave heroes didn't exist until there was a movie...

Creation begins in the darkness from a spark, a thought, a dream...
W. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
W. Smith
W. Smith Publications

W. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to allW. Smith is a name known to all

ROM! I mis ROM!!!

I am not sure why I ever read Rom, but I did...

Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
Nick Kerklaan
Troll

Nick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to all

Warlock & The Infinity Watch.

Bring that crazy orange bastard and his weirdo freak friends back.
Nick Kerklaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
W. Smith
W. Smith Publications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Kerklaan
Warlock & The Infinity Watch.

Bring that crazy orange bastard and his weirdo freak friends back.

Definately miss WARLOCK...but all the Annilation stuff is kinda making him obsolete isn't it? I don't read that so...

Old 02-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyrig
X-Statix. Although that was kind of complete the way it was done.
Oh, speaking of Allred. I miss The Atomics too.
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Nick Kerklaan
Troll

Nick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to allNick Kerklaan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Smith
Definately miss WARLOCK...but all the Annilation stuff is kinda making him obsolete isn't it? I don't read that so...
Man, fuck that. I don`t really know anything about Annihiliaton, but I do know that the Marvel U needs the Infinity Watch.

Actually, come to think of it, a lot of that Cosmic Powers stuff wasn`t THAT good, but it was fun.
Nick Kerklaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

Scion from CrossGen and Masters of the Universe from MVCreations

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
ON FACEBOOK | PORTFOLIO | UNGOODWISE
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
jmassie

jmassie has a spectacular aura aboutjmassie has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyrig
Oh, speaking of Allred. I miss The Atomics too.
They've been in every issue of his new Madman book. I was missing the hell out of Madman...Now all is right with the universe. Allred's Artwork has hit a real peak. Loving the new book.

I'm going to say it. I miss Sleepwalker. It had potential.
jmassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
Imboden
Writer and Hero for Hire

Imboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to beholdImboden is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by W. Smith
ROM! I mis ROM!!!

I am not sure why I ever read Rom, but I did...
Ah, dude, you ain't alone!

It was goofy shit, to be sure. But I loved that stuff. I'm also a geek for Sal Buscema's artwork, so that helped.

Now that I think about it, isn't Bendis' 'Secret Invasion' thing a bit of a rip on the whole Dire Wraiths? They had blended into our society and nobody knew it.

"Rom: Spaceknight. A Comic Ahead of it's Time"

Warmageddon Whipping Boy
WWFoJD?
Imboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
justchad
Old School

justchad will become famous soon enough

There may be a snicker or two here from the Marvel/DC crowd, but I miss Zot! That book was ahead of its time and maybe a bit overrated during its b/w relaunch in the 80s, but those 36-odd issues would make a hell of an Omnibus collection.

I also loved the old Marvel Star Wars. Most were a mile off from the "feel" of Star Wars, but the run between Empire and Jedi were really out there.

It was my Rom, I suppose.
justchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #13
Lovecraft13
Mac the Knife

Lovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to beholdLovecraft13 is a splendid one to behold

Generation X
Peter David's Aquaman
Grant Morrison's JLA
X-men 2099
Old 02-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #14
L Jamal
ljamal.com

L Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud ofL Jamal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by justchad
There may be a snicker or two here from the Marvel/DC crowd, but I miss Zot! That book was ahead of its time and maybe a bit overrated during its b/w relaunch in the 80s, but those 36-odd issues would make a hell of an Omnibus collection.
I love Zot! and recently purchased the entire run from my local comic book store. HarperCollins will be publishing the complete black and white issues of Zot! (11-36) in one volume in July 2008 followed by a limited, signed collector's edition in November 2008.

FOR ALL YOUR WEB AND PRINT NEEDS
ON FACEBOOK | PORTFOLIO | UNGOODWISE
L Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #15
The-Spirit

The-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to allThe-Spirit is a name known to all

All the issues of Astro City I could've had instead of Kurt Busiek doing something else, John Byrne's X-men the Hidden Years.

Last edited by The-Spirit; 02-09-2008 at 02:20 PM.
The-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote