Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
cbgiles
Pop-Lolly

cbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to all

Santo Del Rio pg 6-10

Second half of pages.

cbgiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
jamjason
Jason Jam

jamjason will become famous soon enough

Your ability to ink is wonderful. I appreciated the way it was rendered, an outstanding job overall. The only thing that I found disagreeable was the horse's legs appeared too short on the third and fifth page. I was able to follow the story well without text but will there be text? While reading this I imagined spaghetti western music playing in the background. I enjoyed it.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
cbgiles
Pop-Lolly

cbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to allcbgiles is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjason
The only thing that I found disagreeable was the horse's legs appeared too short on the third and fifth page.
You know, I hate it when I can't see certain things in my art that pops out to others. I will look into hopefully being able to doctor it in photoshop without having to redraw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjason
I was able to follow the story well without text but will there be text? While reading this I imagined spaghetti western music playing in the background. I enjoyed it.
I appreciate you letting me know on the flow of the story. I don't like art that's too jumpy, And yes that was spaghetti western music that you were hearing. In about 3 or 4 more pages, mierda is going to hit the fan and all the action kicks in.
I really appreciate this helpful and considerate critique.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 AM   #4
jimmibo

jimmibo is on a distinguished road

I love this - especially page 6. Your "scratchy" detailed inking style seems perfectly suited to westerns, for some reason!

I particularly like how you haven't overlapped panels all over the place, yet you've varied the panel sizes a lot. In fact, the only bit that doesn't really work for me is the big panel on page 9 that kind of fades out at the top... it somehow looks out of place with the style of the other pages... it may look better if you lose the border line on the left, above the building?

Anyway, it's a thought - love your stuff
Old 03-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
cbgiles
Pop-Lolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmibo
I love this - especially page 6. Your "scratchy" detailed inking style seems perfectly suited to westerns, for some reason!

I particularly like how you haven't overlapped panels all over the place, yet you've varied the panel sizes a lot. In fact, the only bit that doesn't really work for me is the big panel on page 9 that kind of fades out at the top... it somehow looks out of place with the style of the other pages... it may look better if you lose the border line on the left, above the building?

Thanks for the crit, Jim. I'm going to play with that border and see what it looks like. I appreciate what you said, coming from such a great artist(I visited your site). Your lady's art is great, too. I do pencil portraits, too and she is very good. You have an awesome clean style to your work. And your women art is really nice. All over, very solid work. Did you see my post on pages 1-5? Here it is:
http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums...d.php?t=106978

Thanks again.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #6
lumiere0001
Assassin

lumiere0001 is on a distinguished road

Try cropping the legs with paths & use liquify to distort. Over all, they are great inks! I like the your style
lumiere0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:51 AM   #7
jeffo46
BANNED

jeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to all

Definately has a european vibe to it.Shades of Sergio Valente".
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
JMan

JMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmibo
In fact, the only bit that doesn't really work for me is the big panel on page 9 that kind of fades out at the top... it somehow looks out of place with the style of the other pages... it may look better if you lose the border line on the left, above the building?

I agree - cool stuff. That panel on pg 9 could be solved by breaking the hero's hat out of the panel border and let him stand tall and proud. It would work on a couple of levels for you.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Mark Bertolini
Scum of the Earth.

Mark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to beholdMark Bertolini is a splendid one to behold

Wow. This is excellent, definately a Richard Corben influence here. Kudos.

-Tom Waits
Mark Bertolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
cbgiles
Pop-Lolly

Thanks for the suggestions and comments. The Valente and Corben comments...just WOW!!!
Thanks again, folks!