The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Renae De Liz
Art Wench

Renae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to behold

Womanthology Writer Sign up

Writers (Women only for now!) interested in participating in further Womanthology projects, please post your name and info here so we can get a hold of you! As of right now there's major plans on the horizon! You do NOT have to be a professional to put your name on the list, you only have to like to write!

NOTE: I do take note of people who have a passion for creating comics, and a great way to show this is to participate in the forums! Post your work, support others, lend advice and let me know about yourself!

For the Secondary Lists, please give:

Name:

Email Address:

A Little About Yourself:

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?:

Sample of Work: Give me ONE tagline example for a story if you were to write a short story for Womanthology (meaning a sentence or paragraph describing your idea). The idea isn't for final use, just gives me an example to go by!

Last edited by Renae De Liz; 02-15-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Renae De Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
MoonSpider
Demented Writer Chick

MoonSpider is on a distinguished road

Name: Brittany Battista

Email Address: Britt-b@comcast.net

A Little About Yourself: You all know me. Budding comic writer that wants do do as much as she can. Bit of an anime nerd too.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Heroic and Holiday PDF

Sample of Work: Murderous Intent Within the Mind

(It was also the comic script I put under "Scrapped Idea From Last Issue" in the Wrters' section. I really would like the chance to print this one off.)
MoonSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
Goodenov

Goodenov is on a distinguished road

Name: Giulie Speziani

Email Address: giuliespeziani@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I have self published a comic book called "By The Slice." It's about my experience working in a pizza place. I've been writing short comics for a while now. My favorite childhood cartoon is Danger Mouse.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No but I'm eager to.

Sample of Work: My apartment neighbor died and all I got to show for it was his grossly accumulated mail.
Goodenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
SJMatthews

SJMatthews is on a distinguished road

Name: SJ Matthews

Email Address: s.j.matthews@internode.on.net

A Little About Yourself: I love Oz (the magic land). I'm currently editing a novel for attempted publishing based on the Oz stories. I enjoy writing comics, though Womanthology is my only published work.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes, wrote "Championing" for Womanthology vol. 1, "Heroic".

Sample of Work: A young girl learns that true courage is standing up to your peers when they're wrong.
SJMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
LisaWilson

LisaWilson is on a distinguished road

Name: Lisa-Marie Wilson

Email Address: upsetapplecart.publicity@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a new comic writer; unpublished but eager. I am also a comic book publicist currently working with Comixtribe.com. Most recent project is SCAM.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but a proud kickstarter supporter. Would love to be on-board for future publications.

Sample of Work: Ironic/cynical twist on Heroics in fairytales.
LisaWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Jess_RP

Jess_RP is on a distinguished road

Name: Jess Pendley

None (at the moment)

Email Address:
jess_pendley@comicscrux.com

A Little About Yourself: I am currently creating a website devoted to Comic Books and their associated culture. After Hop on Pop, my Mom's Vault of Horror comics were my next immediate reading material.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but I have been following the project for so long I feel like I did.

Sample of Work: A girl uses her story telling abilities to ignite her little sister's imagination and provide them both a brief escape from their tumultuous home life.
Jess_RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
themusingsofablerd

themusingsofablerd will become famous soon enough

Name: Talisha Harrison aka Tali Adina
Website: http://thediaryofanovicecomicbookwriter.tumblr.com/
Email Address: taliadina@gmail.com
A Little About Yourself: I'm an aspiring comic book writer, creator & editor of @KehilaMagazine & Comicmaniacs Magazine, writer for Womanthology, I'm a new contributor to WhyNotIndie.com, a novice artist, lover of music, Japan, food & funk.
Worked on a Womanthology Project before: Yes. Womanthology Heroic and the Womanthology Holiday PDF.

Sample of Work:
This is an idea I have for a Webcomic
Mysti & Riley:
They are two alien beta humaniod fish who are best friends. They live in the underwater metropolis of Plutara. The webcomic is about what goes on in their daily lives-there jobs, relationships, etc.
themusingsofablerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
elizabethamber

elizabethamber is on a distinguished road

Name: Elizabeth-Amber Love

Email Address: amberlovescomics@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a part time model and a new comic book writer dabbling with short stories. I'm a member of Andy Schmidt's Comics Experience creators' workshop and have taken his Intro to Comic Book Writing class. I try to participate in our workshop's monthly challenges each time to give a whirl at different story lengths and genres.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No.

Sample of Work: TORI BRIN, TEEN DETECTIVE is a courageous young girl who helps solve mysteries with the help of her friends Carter and Jackson. The first TORI BRIN story is going to be released in a few weeks for the charity anthology SHELTER.
elizabethamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
MairghreadScott

MairghreadScott is on a distinguished road

My Info

Hi! I've been so excited about Womanthology ever since I heard about the Kickstarter. I would love to be part of the next book if you'll have me.

Name: Mairghread Scott

Email Address: mscott918 at gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm an animation writer who would love to break into comics.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No.

Sample of Work: A young metahuman, who disabled her own powers years ago, discovers that the man she loves is in desperate need of a hero and is faced with the horrifying thought that, even if she tries to save him, it's possible she no longer can.
MairghreadScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #10
Natalie Zutter

Natalie Zutter is on a distinguished road

Name: Natalie Zutter

Email Address: natzutter@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a playwright, pop culture blogger, and aspiring comic book writer living in New York City. I co-write the weekly webcomic Leftovers, about the ragtag crew of a food truck in the zombie apocalypse. I've had several one-act plays staged through NYU and other theater companies in the city; I just wrapped up a theater residency in January. By day, I write about celebrities, movies, and sci-fi/fantasy for various websites. Otherwise, I love tennis, going to screenings of cult movies like The Room, and cooking.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but I'm eager to get involved with volume 2 and future projects!

Sample of Work: 1) Parallel storylines: A man fights through obstacles (the Welsh tradition of melltith) to reach his bride on their wedding day. A woman races to the home of her newlywed friend after a terrible accident.

2) A standalone story in the Leftovers universe (with my collaborators' permission/involvement) about either one of the human survivors' camps or specific characters--scavengers, militia, artists, foodies--scraping by.
Natalie Zutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
Joamette Gil
Rumpled & Stilted

Joamette Gil will become famous soon enough

Name: Joamette Gil

Email Address: joamette@hotmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a 23 year old freelance artist in Olympia, WA. I like (science) fantasy, games, social justice, and drawing big ol' eyes. I founded the Olympia Comics Collective in early 2011 and do the webcomic Blackbirds in addition to writing and design for a number of upcoming projects.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes - "Margarite and Leopold" writer for Womanthology: Heroic

Sample of Work: Julia always thought her executive father's life was boring until a band of crow-like imps stole him from their home, cawing about his "crimes against the crown" as they disappeared into the woods of their estate. On her search for him, Julia enters another world where she must learn the secrets of her father's past and do what she can to make things right to save him from his fate.
Joamette Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
Erica J Heflin

Erica J Heflin is on a distinguished road

Name: Erica J. Heflin

Email Address: raistlyne@verizon.net

A Little About Yourself: A former freelance screenwriter for independent (and primarily "B") film, reptile rehabilitator and snake breeder, who recently began writing comics.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope.

Sample of Work: In a cell beneath the Castillo de San Cristóbal, a mutineer blindly sketches images of ships and the ocean. Guided only by memory and a yearning
for the freedom of the sea, he creates a masterpiece that will only be revealed when his corpse is pulled from the unilluminated chamber.
Erica J Heflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
nerdgerhl

nerdgerhl is on a distinguished road

Name: Susana Polo

Website: TheMarySue.com (well, it's obviously not my personal website, but it's the closest I have, next to an infrequently updated .tumblr.)

Email Address: susana at themarysue dot com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a graduate of Oberlin College's creative writing program, and have known I wanted to write comics since my mid teens. I've written a few scripts, but never formally collaborated with an artist before, or been published for my creative work (my, for-lack-of-a-better-term-journalistic work at Geekosystem.com and TheMarySue.com notwithstanding). If I could make an unnatural chimeric abomination out of all the authors I'd like to write like, for the purposes of keeping it in my attic and making it give me ideas, I'd use body parts from Neil Gaiman, Jerry Holkins, and Greg Rucka.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope.

Sample of Work: Give me ONE tagline example for a story if you were to write a short story for Womanthology (meaning a sentence or paragraph describing your idea). The idea isn't for final use, just gives me an example to go by!

The Guide is young and inexperienced, the Hero finished her story years ago, and the Sword is sitting in the back of a closet, behind the Christmas decorations. There's something wrong with this Hero's Journey right from the get go, and if the Guide can't keep a civil tongue in his head, he and his Hero won't be getting very far at all.

Alternatively and probably too long for a Womanthology piece: Enkidu and Gilgamesh are Golden Age superheroes; McCarthyism gets in the way.
nerdgerhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
apang

apang is on a distinguished road

Name: Allison Pang

Email Address: apang at heartofthedreaming dot com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a NY published author of Urban Fantasy (via Pocket Books of S&S). I've always had an interest in writing for comics/graphic novels and I've been following this project very closely.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but I am currently collaborating with one of the Womanthology artists on a side project over at http://www.sadsausagedogs.com (we'll be going live with the first comic in a few months)

Sample of Work: I could probably come up with a story for just about anything, but I've always wanted to write up a sort of modern retelling of The Little Mermaid with robots. (More of a futuristic/steampunk sort of thing.)
apang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
Jody Houser

Jody Houser is on a distinguished road

Name: Jody Houser

Email Address: mindeclipse(at)gmail(dot)com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a writer living in Los Angeles interested in writing for both comics and film. I've also done a few webcomics!

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Heroic ("Everwell") and the Valentine's Day PDF ("Love Letter")

Sample of Work: A girl sent into the past to try and change a horrible future is torn between fulfilling her duty and living the normal life she never got to have.
Jody Houser is offline   Reply With Quote