The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 02-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
VSatone

VSatone is on a distinguished road

Name: Vanessa Satone

Skill Interests: Writer/Artist/Letterer/Designer

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Pencils/Inks on Womanthology, Pencils/Inks/Colors on the Holiday PDF

Tell us about yourself! I'm a graduate from the School of Visual Arts. I've been working in the manga industry for almost a decade (first as a designer, now as a letterer, and I draw comics in my spare time. I've self-published four graphic novels, and have an on-again/off-again webcomic.

I'm also a big fan of British comedies and panel shows. I drink a lot of coffee.

Goal in Comics: To make comics forever

Work Example
VSatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #17
Jody Houser

Jody Houser is on a distinguished road

Name: Jody Houser

Skill Interests: Writing

Current Womanthology Contributor?: Writer on Womanthology: Heroic, script page in sketchbook

Tell us about yourself! - I moved out west for screenwriting, but comics have been taking up all my time as of late. Although I've been doing webcomics since 2006, print comics are still pretty new for me. I work at a local charity for my "day job". I'm addicted to tea, collecting things, and rescuing hamsters from animal shelters.

Goal in Comics: To write both creator-owned and shared-universe comics.

Work Example
Jody Houser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #18
splinister
Maura McHugh

splinister is on a distinguished road

Smile Maura McHugh

Name: Maura McHugh

Current Womanthology Contributor? Writer on Womanthology, Heroic: 'The Nail', art by Star St. Germain.

Tell us about yourself! - I'm writing two comic book series (Róisín Dubh and Jennifer Wilde) for Atomic Diner Comics in Ireland. I've written a short film, had short stories published in the UK & USA, and I work as a newletter editor/writer/blogger for the Irish Playwrights and Screenwriters Guild. I've been on the jury for several film and book awards. I also ran a short story competition with another writer.

Goal in Comics: To write (and have published) my own original comic books projects as well as existing comic book franchises.

Website
: http://splinister.com/

Work Example:

Róisín Dubh, issue 1, page 3
(Art By Stephen Daly.)

Last edited by splinister; 02-07-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: add an image
splinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
Erica J Heflin

Erica J Heflin is on a distinguished road

Name: Erica J Heflin

Skill Interests: Writing, editing

Current Womanthology Contributor? Nope!

Tell us about yourself! - Reptile rehabilitator who has spent the last several years working in the independent film industry in production, writing, and massive amounts of rewriting. I love sci-fi, fantasy, and horror.

Goal in Comics: To publish the kinds of stories I enjoy reading.

I also work as an editor and writer at http://www.grayhavencomics.com/

Work Example: (art by Dale McKee)
Erica J Heflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
keelhaulkate

keelhaulkate is on a distinguished road

Name: Kate Carleton

Skill Interests: pencilling, coloring, inking

Current Womanthology Contributor? Yes! Womanthology Sketchbook ("Tea Totaler" written by Rachel Pandich) , Holiday PDF.

Tell us about yourself! - I'm a student at the University of Tampa and work a boring day job. In my free time I make comics with my boyfriend under the name Naughty Bicycle and attend as many cons that I can afford to to try to get my art out there and hope that people love it as much as I enjoy making it. I also love anything to do with Star Wars, Harry Potter, Alan Rickman, and David Bowie.

Goal in Comics: To make art that people enjoy and to eventually make a living doing what I love.

www.naughtybicycle.com

Work Example (just one please! There will be a forum available to showcase all of it! )
keelhaulkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #21
caporushes
Princess of Spacetime

caporushes is on a distinguished road

Name: Zoey Hogan

Skill Interests: Pencils, inks, writing

Current Womanthology Contributor? Nope!

Tell us about yourself! When I was a kid I found Sailor Moon in a comic shop, and decided that would be my goal in life. I've been working on it ever since. I love cats, cosmetics, and space operas. :3

Goal in Comics: To be the next Naoko Takeuchi! Haha. More importantly, to tell stories that make people feel something, if even for a moment.

caporushes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
sally

sally is on a distinguished road

Hi all! Lovely to meet you

Name: Sally Jane Thompson

Skill Interests: Pencilling, Inking, Colour, Writing

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Artwork for Holiday PDF

Tell us about yourself! - I'm an early-career freelancer, doing artwork (full-process - I've never worked on a project that split the art duties, so that will be a new experience to have one day! ) for clients, and working on my own books when I have the chance. Most of my jobs are outside the book/comic industry, and I love using comics in interesting ways or contexts, but I'm hoping I can get more book work going forward. My own work tends towards gentle real-world-with-perhaps-a-magic-realist-slant type stuff, though I do love fairy tales and mythology, so I'll do something along those lines at some point

Goal in Comics: To create re-readable books that make some impact in readers lives (and/or just make people smile or think or feel in the meantime!)

Work Example:
Trying out a brush (vs brushpen) for inking

sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #23
Beckadoodles

Beckadoodles will become famous soon enough

Name: Beck Seashols

Skill Interests: drawing, marker and watercolors, writing for kids (someday soon for big kids!)

Current Womanthology Contributor? Heroic Book and Heroic Sketchbook and possibly the Valentine project too. As a pinup artist
Tell us about yourself! -

Goal in Comics: Reading them all! I am currently the artist of a webcomic that will soon be in print...hope to keep it going for a very long time! oh and drawing comic strip style cartoons too.

Work Example:
Beckadoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #24
Natalie Zutter

Natalie Zutter is on a distinguished road

Name: Natalie Zutter

Skill Interests: Writing, Social Media

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Nope, but I hope to become one soon!

Tell us about yourself! - I'm a playwright, aspiring comic book writer, and pop culture blogger. I love telling stories, whether talking at a party or through theater and comics. In my day job, I write for Crushable (celebrities/movies) and Tor.com (sci-fi/fantasy). Whenever I can, I'm having theater staged around New York City and co-writing the webcomic Leftovers--about the crew of a ragtag food truck delivering food to survivors of the zombie apocalypse in NYC. Otherwise, I love tennis, going to screenings of cult movies like The Room, and cooking.

Goal in Comics: My dream is to have a creator-owned series with Vertigo, but I also love the work that Archaia and other independent publishers are doing. Above all, it's to get my stories out and dabble in different formats--web comic, ongoing series, graphic novel.

Work Sample: Our fantastic artist Alena Lane did the pencils/inks/coloring/lettering, and I wrote the script for this page:

Natalie Zutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #25
valium

valium is on a distinguished road

Name: Valia Kapadai aka valium

Skill Interests: penciling, (water)colouring, lettering and whatever else needs to be done !!

Current Womanthology Contributor? YES !! I've illustrated a story by Mandy McMurray for the Heroic anthology !!

Tell us about yourself! - I'm working as a graphic designer at the University of Athens, but I am a comic-junkie !!
I had published two comics ...a few centuries ago (which I then buried as deep as I could), then took a long hiatus and since 2008 I've contributed in various comic anthologies and I have self published a few comics. I'm currently drawing 2 graphic novels for Markosia: White Knuckle by Cy Dethan and Kindred Spirits with Maggie Lewinowicz, as well as a few more short stories for other anthologies. One of my self-published comic anthologies will also be translated/published by a Greek publisher soon, while I have signed to draw 2 more comics for next year !! wow, have I mentioned that I LOVE comics ?!

Whenever I'm not comicking, I like hanging out with my boy and Yuki, going out with my friends & family, reading books and comics, watching (horror) movies, dance to EBM, Synthpop, Industrial...

Goal in Comics: ALWAYS HAVING FUN creating comics !! Of course if any other people like my comics as well, it's also GREAT !!

Website: www.neurotic-elf.deviantart.com / https://twitter.com/#!/valium_

Work Sample:

valium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
FFrick

FFrick is on a distinguished road

Name: Fernanda Frick

Skill Interests: Storytelling, drawing.

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Nope

Tell us about yourself! - I'm an animation student at AnimationMentor, and that's my passion above everything, but recently discovered comics and I'm working on a personal graphic novel. I usually work as a freelance animator and illustrator.

Goal in Comics: Be able to tell the stories I want and be published someday.

Work Example
FFrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
Joamette Gil
Rumpled & Stilted

Joamette Gil will become famous soon enough

Name: Joamette Gil

Skill Interests: Penciling, Inking, Writing

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook): Writer

Tell us about yourself! - I love animation, independent comics, games (card/video/board), hiking, and road trips. Chocolate does a better job of keeping me up for all-nighters than coffee does, which is good because I friggen' love chocolate, too. I write and draw comics, and I really like having a great community of artists in my area.

Goal in Comics: To tell stories that represent people and experiences that aren't often treated in mainstream media, to popularize and monetize my own comics, and to have my creator-owned series published someday!

Work Example
Joamette Gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #28
themusingsofablerd

themusingsofablerd will become famous soon enough

Greetings I'm Tali!

Name: Talisha Harrison aka Tali Adina
Current Womanthology Contributor? Writer for, Womanthology Volume One, Holiday PDF, and Valentine's Special.
Tell About Yourself: I'm a library technical assistant, I write poetry and I'm a new contributor to WhyNotIndie.com. I enjoy listening to music, watching films, reading, and my favorite color is purple.

Goals in comics: To write for some of my favorite comic titles as well as create and publish my own stories.

Website:http://thediaryofanovicecomicbookwriter.tumblr.com/

Work Example: Here's a page from my script that I'm currently working on: Tzedek "Time to Save a Life"
Page 11
Panel 1
It’s now 9 am Saturday morning
Tzedek is still passed out in the brush by the retention pond. She lies flat on her stomach in her burnt and tattered costume, her burnt skin now healed. Only her unhealed scar on her back remains.

CAP:
Nightmares. I always get them in the morning.
Panel 2
Sweat drops down her brow as she struggles to wake up.
CAP:
They keep me going, they keep me alive…
Panel 3
She awakens with a start and peels off her mask.
CAP:
I still want them to go away…
Panel 4
Minutes later, Tzedek is back in the apartment complex sitting in the car that the two men had pretended to work on. A few feet away she sees a mother tying her little girls’ shoe before putting her into the minivan.
CAP:
I use to have one of those when I was a kid…
CAP:
Mother..I used to know what that word meant.
Panel 5
Tzedek begins driving away.
CAP:
I saw it in action, I touched it and felt it, I loved it…
Panel 6
She continues to drive away leaving the mother and her child in the background. A tear escapes from her right eye.
CAP:
I used to talk to one as a child and then I was taken away from her…
CAP:
And then the nightmares began…
themusingsofablerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #29
tai

tai will become famous soon enough

Name: Tai Shimizu. Like Tali above me, but without the 'L'

Skill Interests: Interested in everything, talented in less than everything

Current Womanthology Contributor? Valentine's Special (and I bought my way into having a page in Heroic)

Tell About Yourself: I write iPhone/iPad/Mac photography apps. Mostly I'm in my apartment all day with my bunny in front of my computer.

Goals in comics: To do something at some point

Work Example: (Valentine's day)
tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
Sukeile

Sukeile is on a distinguished road

Hello Renae, Brittany, Cecili, Mary, Chandra, Sarah, Rachel, Giulie, Christianne, NAAN, Lisa, Talisha, Kara, Vanessa, Jody, Maura, Erica, Kate, Zoey, Sally, Becka, Natalie, Valia, Fernanda, Joamette, Tali and Tai!

Name: Maja Sukeile Klockljung

Skill Interests: Digital painting/ Drawing

Current Womanthology Contributor? : Only Holiday PDF so far, but will do my best to do even more for Womanthology!

Tell us about yourself! - I collect my little ponies, get out on adventures with my guy George Calloway (who encouraged me to join here in the first place ) and our dog Nalle, And all the other time I draw. Well, sometimes I take breaks to sleep and eat and such things needed for survival.

Goal in Comics: Just to create and enjoy it, really. Of course it would be amazing if other people enjoyed my work too

Work Example
Sukeile is offline   Reply With Quote