Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 08-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
Rene A.

Rene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really niceRene A. is just really nice

Om | Ethereal Reveal

Newest painting in my Realm Ethereal universe. I'm partly working on creating my own IP but also practicing my painting. I stopped painting when I was more comics focused but I really want to devote 100% of my time to painting.

This is a character named Om and in my universe he is an Ethereal. Ethereals are powerful beings that live in between different realms and we'll leave it at that for now. My first character painting of him can be seen here. The latest version is below.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
Neil Allen

Neil Allen is on a distinguished road

I'm somewhat confused about the gold thing on the character's back. I believe it is a cape, and if it is doing what I think it is doing (part of the cape is closer to the character and part of it is farther from his body), I think it lacks depth and confuses the image. It's all the same consistency. It's like, you're looking at the bottom and you're looking at the top, and you can't tell the bottom from the top or the inside of the cape from the outside. If it is not a cape... I don't know what it is.

The purple clouds and the stars look cool, but I think those turquoise vapor things are too bold and competing with the character and the energy surrounding the character. They are in the background but way outshine everything else in the background and even the character in the foreground. I think they should be de-saturated and also given more shading. To me they stand out like a sore thumb in the image, and I think they would look more flattering if toned down and shaded differently. That, or just get rid of them. I don't know if they are of special significance, but concerning only the image, I don't think they are needed, or adding much in their current state. I think it would probably look better without them.
Neil Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

The background has more contrast than the main figure....it's not helping your centre of focus.

The figure needs some deeper areas and some highlights to make him 'pop' forward.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote