The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 06-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #1
Watson

Watson is on a distinguished road

Letterist Needed, $10 a page

Hi all,

Iím currently searching letterist to produce a 24 page comic book.

Payment:

My current budget is $10 a page for the lettering. I will commission a single page as a tryout before committing to the entire project. Payment for this page will be issued upon receipt.

Content:

The comic takes place in Ithaca, NY in the 1920ís right after the reality of prohibition and womenís suffrage started to soak into the American psyche. A con man looking to break into the silent film business bites off more than he can chew when he agrees to investigate a suspected haunted house. It is a story that starts off comedic, but gradually becomes darker as the truth of Ithacaís history becomes more apparent.

Art Style

Anyone who could bring a Great Gatsby meets Horror aesthetic to the letters would be much appreciated, there will be some room for inventing new font types as well because cultists speak in inhuman languages and monsters communicate in non-human ways. As per the tryout I will request that the letterist do something interesting visually with the phrase "Ithaqua, gnaiih wgah'nor vulgtlagln."

Logistics

I am open to whatever payment method you so choose - be it via PayPal, check, etc. - and Iím happy to pay either every two weeks or on a weekly basis. I'm looking for an artist who lives in the United States, extra consideration will be given to those in the NYC area.

Submission of the final completed pages will be via e-mail in 300 dpi LZW-compressed TIF format.

If you are interested, please email me at mdwatson42030@yahoo.com with examples of your letters. Looking forward to hearing from you!

You can check out an example of a previous comicbook I wrote below, and there are also some pages already completed for this current project that I will pass along as well.
http://www.pandeminc.com/pandemonium/

Thank you for your time,
Michael
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
Watson

Watson is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your submissions, I have found a letterer!
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote