The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 06-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

I think I love DC characters.

and I may just draw women from now on!

cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Nice pics.

I think that you drawing only females may limit your chances at work however. Hahaha
BatMAN, SuperMAN, AquaMAN etc.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:56 PM   #3
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Haven't been on here in a while, but your work made me decide to sign in and leave you a comment or two.

First off, really nice work in both pencils and inks. The Joker(Jokerette?) is a nice piece, but her face looks a little---pained. Her expression is a little odd, sort of a cross between a grimace and a knowing smile? Nice job on the hair, though.

Supergirl I really, really like and I'm loathe to pick on it, but there are a few things to watch out for. If her left hand is ON her hip, there should be an indication of the pressure on the fabric of her skirt. And, even though she's Supergirl, her shoulders seem a little too broad for the female anatomy; it detracts from her femininity a bit and her arms, in general, seem like they might be a little short overall. Right wrist is a bit nonexistent as her arm just sort of flows into her fingers. She's got nice gams, though they could use a little extra length, as well, and that calf muscle on her left leg looks a little too bulbous, almost like she's got a tumor on her leg.

Other than that, I love her face and the attitude she's exuding via her expression. Keep up the great work!
jeffchris50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
kong
Shrapnel collector...

kong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to allkong is a name known to all

these look good. is the first one digital or traditional inks?
Old 07-01-2017, 02:28 AM   #5
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

thanks Sevans good advice lol

Jeff, thanks for such a well considered crit,

Supergirl, what if her skirt isn't soft enough, just saying, but her leg, yes, and the other issues, well, I did this one fairly quickly, but I think it may be worth adjusting, you make valid points, but I was also going for a more graphic look, rather than anatomical accuracy, perhaps I did not strike the right balance.....I may just take the drawing further now. I've done that before based on feedback and had some nice results, check back in a bit to see where it goes....

that's Harley! and the expression was intentional....

Thanks Kong, digital inks....terrified of real ink lol....
Old 07-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Black Canary

I can't think of any Marvel women to draw....why is that? I know, BW, but not as interesting.....

Old 07-03-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
compton
monkey with a gun

compton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to beholdcompton is a splendid one to behold

Nice work really like the softness of the supergirl pose.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #8
jeffchris50

Nice take on Black Canary. She looks ready to kick some serious ass!

Marvel women to draw? Scarlet Witch, Hela, She Hulk, Captain Marvel, Jean Grey, Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, Invisible Woman, Jessica Jones, Storm, etc, etc. LOL!
Old 07-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #9
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

thanks Compton!

Jeff - thought about She Hulk, and Jean, great suggestions....working on a Batwoman, something about her.....
Old 07-07-2017, 02:44 AM   #10
jeffchris50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare2009 View Post
thanks Compton!

Jeff - thought about She Hulk, and Jean, great suggestions....working on a Batwoman, something about her.....
Batwoman----mmmm, something to look forward to! Great design work on that character. Hopefully, you've got some WW, Big Barda, Batgirl, Raven and Starfire in your pipeline, too...!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #11
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Wonder Woman

I may have posted this one before, hope you enjoy!

Old 07-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #12
jeffchris50

Man, that is a super-nice rendering of WW, cesare! The pose is properly dynamic, the proportions all look good (to me) and the foreshortening on her right knee is so sweet it brings a tear to my eye! Great!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #13
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Chris you flatter me, I worked hard on this one, feels good when those little details, like the foreshortening, are noticed....
Old 07-17-2017, 07:28 PM   #14
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

Hey cesare. Hate to be a buzzkill but wonder woman's right foreshortened leg looks pretty rough to my eyes. Seems like that was the area gave you the hardest time and you were trying to foreshorten it while at the same time making sure the anatomy of her thigh was all there and the result looks a little too lumpy. I think you just need to simplify when you're constructing foreshortened limbs and don't worry about anatomy too much. When things get foreshortened,sometimes the anatomy as you know it interlocks in contrary ways....Hope that makes some kind of sense. I have this problem myself to be honest.

Rest of the pic looks very nice and refined though..which is why the leg sticks out at me. I particularly like the face and hair...seems like you have a bit of an art Adams vibe going on there but with your own spin on it.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:23 AM   #15
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Danny, I know you know what you're talking about, so I appreciate your observation, you know exactly how the drawing went down....until now I thought that leg was successful....does it really stand out that much?

I looked at people running, the muscles bounce around in motion, but your point about simplification is well taken, and is indeed what I have been trying to do....

as for style, its evolving constantly precisely because I am trying to cartoon more and worry less about accuracy....but its hard for me!