The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Colorist Showcase

Old 07-06-2017, 04:27 AM   #1
SeanE

SeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really nice

Elsa

pencils by Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau
colours by me.

cheers
Sean

Old 07-17-2017, 01:11 AM   #2
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanE View Post

pencils by Stanley 'Artgerm' Lau
colours by me.

cheers
Sean

Your handiwork remains as exquisite, as ever.

Not that I have followed it much, of late, but you have such a range to your mastery of the coloring artistry.

Here, you give an elegant glimpse at how subtlety and discipline serve a colorist well. You don't give in to the oft-displayed inclination by many colorists still learning the tricks of the trade to let color run wild.

Here, nothing hurts the eye. Nothing out of place. Nothing run amok. Just visual serenity beckoning the viewer. So easy on the eyes. So peaceful. So serene.

This is but one example, though. I caught a glimpse of several other pieces of yours that are of fairly recent vintage, and this is but one spell out of many that reside in your Tome of Coloring Magic.

Your coloring is so persuasive for the very simple reason that you understand the underlying fundamentals of light and shadow and contrast and vibrancy. You know how to read from the menu of color palettes. You breathe life into the concept that less is more.

Many colorists seem to struggle with grasping that coloring is about so much more than just color. It's about nuance and degree, about allocation and withholding. Shades and tines and hues - never a resort to color without thought, where you are concerned.

In one sense, coloring is like a puzzle - and you are one who knows where all of the pieces go. That's not to say that I don't like some of your work more than others, but that's invariably the case, where art is concerned.

You are regal, where your coloring is concerned.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 AM   #3
SeanE

SeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really nice

Old 07-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Your handiwork remains as exquisite, as ever.

Not that I have followed it much, of late, but you have such a range to your mastery of the coloring artistry.

Here, you give an elegant glimpse at how subtlety and discipline serve a colorist well. You don't give in to the oft-displayed inclination by many colorists still learning the tricks of the trade to let color run wild.

Here, nothing hurts the eye. Nothing out of place. Nothing run amok. Just visual serenity beckoning the viewer. So easy on the eyes. So peaceful. So serene.

This is but one example, though. I caught a glimpse of several other pieces of yours that are of fairly recent vintage, and this is but one spell out of many that reside in your Tome of Coloring Magic.

Your coloring is so persuasive for the very simple reason that you understand the underlying fundamentals of light and shadow and contrast and vibrancy. You know how to read from the menu of color palettes. You breathe life into the concept that less is more.

Many colorists seem to struggle with grasping that coloring is about so much more than just color. It's about nuance and degree, about allocation and withholding. Shades and tines and hues - never a resort to color without thought, where you are concerned.

In one sense, coloring is like a puzzle - and you are one who knows where all of the pieces go. That's not to say that I don't like some of your work more than others, but that's invariably the case, where art is concerned.

You are regal, where your coloring is concerned.

what he said
Duane Korslund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Korslund View Post
what he said
Except for the tines part. Tones, not tines. Tines work better in gardening, than they do in coloring.