The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 06-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #1
ronaaustin

ronaaustin is on a distinguished road

Penciler Needed/$50 per page

I’m searching for an artist to complete 25 pages of short comics for $50 per page plus a $250 bonus for assistance in social media networking and promotion. The project window is around 4 months to completion. I would need seven pages per month on the average. Payments will be made each month via PayPal after all pages have been received. Hired artist will be required to complete a standard work for hire contract. Files must be submitted as PDF at 600 dpi.

The comics will be based on my collection of literary short stories, Avery Colt Is A Snake, A Thief, A Liar.

While I’m open to a variety of artistic styles, energy, sequential story-telling, and the ability to draw folks of all ethnicity, body types, and ages is key. With that being said, I would like to see something magical realist, whimsical and dark, yet grounded in reality.

I’d prefer an artist of color from the St. Louis area who is an avid reader, but I'm open to the strongest and most motivated applicants. Ideally, I’m looking for a partnership that may carry across various projects.

Submitted portfolios will be narrowed down to around 3 or 4 artist. These selected artist will design a sample page and character design sheet. The project artist will be hired from one of these finalist.

Please send a portfolio and at least 2 professional references to ronaaustin@gmail.com

Brief Bio: Ron A. Austin holds a MFA from the University of Missouri–St. Louis, serves as a senior editor for december, and is a 2016 Regional Arts Commission Fellow. His stories have been placed in Ninth Letter, Story Quarterly, Black Warrior Review, The Masters Review, Midwestern Gothic, and other journals. He has taught creative writing at the Pierre Laclede Honors College, and he is now finishing his collection of stories, Avery Colt Is A Snake, A Thief, A Liar. He, his partner Jennie, and son Elijah live in St. Louis with a whippet named Carmen.

Interviews—

43.2 Feature: An Interview with Ron A. Austin

Writing the divide: North St. Louisan, MFA alumnus wins RAC artist fellowship
ronaaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
ronaaustin

ronaaustin is on a distinguished road

Thanks!!

Super thanks to everyone who responded!

I'll get back to everyone shortly; for now, the call to action is closed.

Thanks again!!!
ronaaustin is offline   Reply With Quote