Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 02-20-2016, 11:22 PM   #1
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza has disabled reputation

Prymal/ Kickstarter 6 pages *NSFW*

I was hired to draw these pages over a year ago, It was for a kickstarter campaign, but I don't know if it will be published. I'm about ready to pack it in as far as comics are concerned, maybe do my own project, hard to get motivated to draw anything these days.

Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
Gauntlet
Michael Nigro

Gauntlet will become famous soon enoughGauntlet will become famous soon enough

Couple of tips I might be able to recommend for ya--

Keep working on the rendering and finishes aiming for consistency. There's a heavier tone on the first page and it gradually lightens as far as the line work goes.

The story telling gets a little stalled in a couple of spots when I looked at the pages. For example on page 2 for panels 3 and 4, it took me a second pass to figure out that his water canteen had fallen off in panel 3 to land at her feet in panel 4. But then page 3 made me ponder if this was a scene change or a continuation of what happened previously.

And, as always for all of us artists -- have fun and keep plugging away with the human form!
Gauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Man, I really screwed up page 2 if you thought his duffle bag was a water canteen, and yes page 3 is the start of a new location/ scene. Stuff like this just reaffirms why I shouldn't be doing comics, I'm 45 and haven't improved my art beyond what you see here.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:47 PM   #4
Orlan29

Orlan29 will become famous soon enough

Nice work!

Morganza:

Don't give up man!,you still go it to be a sequential artist for every artist have their mistakes and slips it just small fixes

Orlando
Orlan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Have a break, do some painting, animation, sculpture or different style of art.
Creative people can't just stop.... but you might be in a rut.

Relax, do some 'fun' , 'I don't give a shit about it' art.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #6
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

hey man..dont sell your self short. these pages look amazing to me. i had no trouble following them.

i dont know how someone could mistake that obvious duffle bag as a water canteen but i knew exactly what was going on.

solid work and i love it all.

now do some damn BUNK SQUAD pages man...!!!

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:38 AM   #7
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Thanks Orlando!

Sevans, I'm trying to write a script and make character concepts for it, haven't worked on it in 2 months. I feel empty creatively, hope it comes back soon cause this sucks.

Thanks Rob, Bunk Squad is my only goal this year, hopefully get back to it soon.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #8
nams

nams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the roughnams is a jewel in the rough

I like these pages Morg! You are 45 years old and you are a fine comics artist. Don't Give up just do what you love to do.

Keep it up!
nams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #9
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

Just gonna leave this here. It inspires the hell out of me when I feel like throwing in the towel

Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:06 PM   #10
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Thats the problem Nams, I don't know if I love it anymore, sometimes I think I've improved but haven't really.

Appreciate the gesture Duane, But Kirby was making comics since the 1930's, he created Captain America in 1941 with Joe Simon. Before FF he was drawing romance comics in a realistic style.

I just realized I'm Debbie Downer, I hope to get this out of my system soon.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:35 PM   #11
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

If you want something quick and just for fun, Morganza, let me know.
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #12
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

How much fun are we talking, Steve?
Old 02-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #13
Steven Forbes
Freelance Editor

Steven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud ofSteven Forbes has much to be proud of

5-8 pages of hunchbacked ninja fun?
Steven Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #14
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

So you think I would enjoy drawing some strangers character and comic pages for nothing, I get those offers every week, I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of artists on deviant art who would do it.

We have fundamentally different ideas on "fun."
Old 02-23-2016, 09:36 PM   #15
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

how about a 2 pager of hot girl on girl action? ill write it. make them ninjas and everything if needed. ill pay ya $20 a page

i mean...thats not a great offer, but its..something....

but seriosuly... ive been saying for a while, your BUNK SQUAD idea looks like gold to me. if you get that thing put together...maybe try a kickstarter with a good approach to selling the idea (video of who/what you/it are, concept images, finished pages...etc etc..) i really think that idea has potential. id pledge.

you got something sir.. something unique and interesting going for your art and approach. i want to see more. go for it man. make stuff for YOU. get a finished book in hand.

thats my plan with that "he-man" like concept of mine ive been fartin around with for a long time.
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote