The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
Horrorboo

Horrorboo is on a distinguished road

Name: Tara-Lea Aleszczyk

Email Address: horrorboo@me.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a writer, hoping to be published, that pays the bills by teaching English at a local community college.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes. Last time I just helped with some organizational stuff.

Sample of Work: I would describe my writing as kooky magic realism with a tendency toward the creepy.
Horrorboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Faerie_Queen

Faerie_Queen is on a distinguished road

Wink Writer!

Name: Tatiana Christian

Email Address: MsChristian88@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I love cats, science-fiction/fantasy novels the MOST. Video games and anime are cool too!

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Heroic

Sample of Work: I have a story in the first edition of the comic anthology!
Faerie_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
Kirsten_ish

Kirsten_ish is on a distinguished road

Name Kirsten Thompson

Website http://very-ish.tumblr.com, Pink Raygun, Word Of The Nerd.

Email address k.thompson@y2cl.net

A Little About You I'm a writer of fiction and poetry. I've also done my own web comic. I am the Social Media Coordinator for Television Tropes and Word Of The Nerd, and an Assistant at Black Label Comics.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before? No. Have written a review of the first volume.

Sample of Work A young woman who works in a junkyard finds out she can communicate with machines, and has to come to grips with the fact that she may be creating life.
Kirsten_ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
Elena Andrews

Elena Andrews is on a distinguished road

Name: Elena Andrews

Email Address: elenaandrews11@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a writer living in PA. I wrote a few comic book stories for an anthology called The Gathering and I just recently published my first ebook a YA Thriller called Run Like Hell.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No

Sample of Work: I'd be interested in doing a short using characters from my upcoming novel or a 'slice of life story'. Here's a sample from my book:
Seventeen-year-old Morgan Butler has already violated two of her mother's sacred rules. First, don’t talk to strangers and second, never get in a car with someone you don’t know. Now she's comtemplating rule number three - If taken, do whatever you can to get away from a captor – fight, claw, scratch, scream. . .then run like hell
Elena Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
koumaki
This message has been deleted by koumaki.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
magiktori
Hero Wannabe

magiktori is just really nicemagiktori is just really nicemagiktori is just really nicemagiktori is just really nice

Name:
Victoria (Tori) Pagac

Email Address:magik88285@aol.com

A Little About Yourself:
I have cerbal palsy but i haven't let that stop me from trying to get a job in comics after working on a buch of projects that never made it any where I self published Raye Knight Spellbound
Worked on a Womanthology Project before?:No

Sample of Work:
I have a handicap superhero i made that i think might work she was made as a kid's book also i do horror stories i've been lurking here and have been waiting for a opening to join the converstion I really really love comics but i have been burned by the business end quite a bit
magiktori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
smash_is_nerdy
This message has been deleted by smash_is_nerdy.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #21
Ma'at

Ma'at is on a distinguished road

Me, me!

Name: Ma'at Crook

Email Address: maat@maatcrook.com

A Little About Yourself: Right now a three-legged dog is sleeping next to me and has the sweetest face. My heart is melting.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Totally.

Sample of Work: A girl and her older brothers go on an adventure in the woods. When her brothers hop a train and she can't catch up, she must find her way back home and has an adventure all her own.
Ma'at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #22
Whes
Writer

Whes is on a distinguished road

Post Good Story Well Told

Name: Sandra Mellott

Email Address: brave_intrepid_hero@hotmail.com

A Little About Yourself: University student, age 24, majoring in English, with a concentration in creative writing, fiction. I love storytelling more than anything, and I'm not picky about the medium, though I tend to mostly watch movies and write novels. I'm particularly obsessed with characters. My favorite story of all time is the manga Eyeshield 21. I prefer drama over comedy, and I like dark themes and adult subjects. I have a background in acting.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes, Heroic.

Sample of Work: An abused boy runs away to a wooded clearing and befriends a stray animal, promising to never become the sort of person who would ever hurt anyone or anything.
Whes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
LorGraham
Queen of the Gingers

LorGraham is on a distinguished road

Name: Laura Graham

Email Address: graham.laura@hotmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I am a Japanese graduate with a keen interest in music, fantasy, and all things creative. I am in the habit of having about 10 writing projects on the go at any one time, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I currently write monthly articles for Fantasy-Faction.com, who are lovely enough to let me ramble on about whatever comes to mind.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: no, but I followed the creation process of the first project closely.

Sample of Work: Every pirate captain needs a ship, right? It's amazing the lengths some will go to to get their ship back.
LorGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
Becky Chambers

Becky Chambers is on a distinguished road

Name: Becky Chambers

Email Address: beckymchambers@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a freelance writer by trade. I'm writing a webcomic called Uncommon (uncommoncomic.com), and I write sci-fi stories, too. I'm also a contributing writer for The Mary Sue, where I write about video games and geek culture. To pay the bills, I write tech guides and web content.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope!

Sample of Work: On a dismal colony moon, a girl escapes from a life in a tech recycling plant. Getting off-world on a passenger ship is out of the question, but that's okay. She can just build transport of her own. She's got all the time in the world.
Becky Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #25
Wolverina

Wolverina is on a distinguished road

Name: Zoe Wadsworth

Email Address: thewolverina@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I have a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in English and Geography. For work, I currently managing social media and website content, as well as general administration and events for an Australian university department. I also review books and comics on my website and my podcast, How I Got My Boyfriend To Read Comics.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, but I have reviewed them.

Sample of Work: A second-generation superheroine (think Wondergirl/Supergirl), after seeing the difficulties her mentor (Wonder Woman analogue) faces as a female superhero, decides to use a fake robotic suit to hide her gender. Her secret is closely guarded, but her relationship with her mentor struggles from the changed dynamic.
Wolverina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #26
Twyliet

Twyliet is on a distinguished road

Name: Shelby Phillips

E-mail: twyliet@yahoo.com

A little about yourself: I'm a girl who loves writing comic books, novels, and other fun things.

Worked on Womanthology project before? No

Sample of work: The end has become the present. One angel looks the world over and finds the answer she seeks in renewing the world.
Twyliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #27
LadiesMakingComics

LadiesMakingComics is on a distinguished road

Name: Alexa Dickman

Email Address: ladiesmakingcomics[at]gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I'm a blogger and amateur comics historian about women in comics. I put my ambitions of comics writing on hold while I was in law school, but that's almost over now. In real life, I will soon work in contracts negotiation.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: No, unless you count some early promotion and vague legal consulting at the beginning.

Sample of Work: Upon the outbreak of the Second American Civil War, a handful of (mostly women) college-aged shut-ins who only know each other via an MMORPG decide to take to the seas as privateers for the Union.
LadiesMakingComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
Lburke

Lburke is on a distinguished road

Name: Lauren Burke

Email Address: Lburke706@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: Im a writer living in Chicago. I run Monkeys + Typewriters Small Press with my partner, Greg Sorkin. This year were publishing P.I. Jane, I See Monsters, the Prose & Cons Anthology, and a full-length version of Im Not OmniGirl. When Im not involved with comics, I work at the American Library Association.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Yes, I wrote Im Not OmniGirl for Womanthology Heroic.

Sample of Work: SUPER SITTERS WANTED! SuperSitters, New Yorks premiere babysitting service for the super-powered, is looking for a NEW hero to add to our SuperSitters Squad! Applicants must have childcare experience, First Aid/CPRAED certification, and submit to a thorough background check. Full disclosure: sitting for capes and their children is serious work; many kids are prone to powers themselves, as well as kidnapping attempts. Pay is competitive but commensurate with experience and includes full benefits.
Lburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
angelic13

angelic13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Anastasia Olashaya-Grill

Email Address: hartsbay@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: A fairly recent Drake University grad with a B.A. in Creative Writing and a Minor in Film, I write as often as I can between job searching and weathering the strange heat this March is getting. I write & co-create the webcomic Ever Night and love working in the sci-fi/fantasy genres the most. Besides Ever Night, I have other webcomics on the backburner with my cohort-in-crime, Sarah Obomsawin, along with short stories, a novel, and a couple screenplays/teleplays.

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: I have not.

Sample of Work:

1) Each day this no-name girl changes her name and her entire outlook on life--along with her very identity. Whether this is mental disorder or simply a changelings shedding of skin, is there really a difference?

2) Charged with protecting the younger sister of a comrade, effeminate Christopher Lourdes, has to cross-dress in order to stick close to eighteen-year-old Ilsa Reed at an all-girl's high school in a time and place where fantasy and science fiction aren't all that far apart.
angelic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #30
PlayerProphet
Dawn Davis

PlayerProphet is on a distinguished road

Name: Dawn Davis

Email Address: playerprophet@gmail.com

A Little About Yourself: I also signed up at the artist board, but I fancy myself a little more of a writer! I have been intending to dip into comics - I only have prose written ad this point - so this would be a really exciting project for me. I actually have a minor in Creative Writing!

Worked on a Womanthology Project before?: Nope!

Sample of Work: Arienne realizes she is a goddess while drying the dishes in her downtown slum.
PlayerProphet is offline   Reply With Quote