The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Do you guys actually think Simone was serious (not you Wolf. I know you were kidding)? It's obviously a joke, and Wolf was obviously joking.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
CHWolf
BANNED

CHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co.Inkadink View Post
Yes you did ask what I thought,
Bzzt. BZZZZZZZZ. - Chris Tucker, 5th Element.

You're mistaken. I clearly said "Let's support..." and I clearly did NOT say "Hey everyone, tell me your idiotic stance on how nothing should ever be fun or interesting."

Someone posted a site. You immediately said "let's not". That's unproductive and pointless trolling. Own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Do you guys actually think Simone was serious (not you Wolf. I know you were kidding)? It's obviously a joke, and Wolf was obviously joking.
Yes, of course the site is tongue-in-cheek. (Who's tongue? Dunno.)

The problem is that the normal response to "Knock Knock!" is "Who's there", not "STOP KNOCKING ON MY DOOR I HATE YOU AND WHO SAID YOU HAD THE RIGHT TO KNOCK ON DOORS ANYWAY!!11"

Plus it's kind of annoying when a certain someone answers every single post about "kids' comics" with the same view that everything has to exclusively be sugary-sweet fluff forever because it's "child stuff".
CHWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #18
Co.Inkadink

Boo hoo
Old 12-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #19
CHWolf
BANNED

CHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to allCHWolf is a name known to all

Now we see the violence inherent in the system.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Co.Inkadink

Look man I apologize I got carried away. I'll make one more point and then I'll leave you alone. Imagine if Rush Limbaugh and the Christian right bought all the comics companies and they announced all YOUR favorite characters were going to become conservative republican Christians. And someone made a thread here saying lets support these ideas!
Would you at the very least say "Let's not".
I think you would. Anyway I like Gail Simone and I think she's a good writer But ijust think she should do it with her own characters. They wouldnt let alan moore do that with the charlton characters even and we got Watchmen. I wouldn't want those republican conservative Christian comics either. They would ruin the characters even if it were only for a short while. Anyway I'm done.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #21
CHWolf
BANNED

Judging by your imaginary scenerio, it seems you're still stuck on a flawed notion that somehow this is about some initiative to take all Archie comics and make them horror comics.

Let's make your point more similar to the real scenerio. Let's flip the real problem, here.

Imagine someone takes a dark story full of horror and makes a SECONDARY, SEPERATE book related to it that is child-appropriate material.

Of course, you don't really have to imagine because this has been happening forever since child-friendly Bible stories and the watering down of grim (pun intended) fairy tales.

Better yet, imagine you make a post against a change you dislike - YOU make a thread about Rush Limbaugh taking over the comic industry.

"This will ruin the characters," you say, "Let's stop buying."

First response?

"Let's not."
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
Co.Inkadink

Ok