Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #1
Ted-Oni

Ted-Oni is on a distinguished road

Handling multiple issues question

Hey all,

Iíve got a question. Iíve got an IP that is far too complicated for just a single graphic novel, so Iíd like to find out the best way to handle doing it as issues. It could be a single graphic novel, but it would either be enormous or very condensed and lose a lot of the punch the story can deliver.
The story is pretty linear. Thing that sets the journey in motion and then the journey ends in spectacular fashion. In between is where you not only learn about the protagonist, but see that her journey is important than just for her. Thatís why I said it is too complicated for a single graphic novel. It would be like grabbing The lord of the rings trilogy and cutting out most of the stuff that went on. Sure, you have the start and finish, but the impact of the journey is gone.

So how do I handle this? The journey isnít really linearly told. There isnít going to be a lot of referencing of things. Once her traveling companion shows up, things would become more linear, but before then, not so much. My writing style needs visuals. I could cram in action, but frankly, I wouldnít want to read it. I see this in my head as a movie and I want people to see what I see, so when she flips a guy over, I want to show how she did it, what the exact flip looks like. Is it an aikido flip, a BJJ flip. People that donít know fighting arenít going to get it and I want people to go DAAAAAAMN when it happens.
Back to the question. How do I handle something like this? Do I go for multiple issues at once? Do I do one issue at a time and release it over time? Do I do something like Kickstarter or indiegogo where I would do issues as fundraising benchmarks?

What do you all think?
Ted-Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread