The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > General > Movies and Television

Old 04-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
vinbat

vinbat is on a distinguished road

I'm going through the MCU leading up to Infinity War

So I've been watching every Marvel movie (plus Agent Carter) in chronological order leading up to Infinity War. I've seen just about all of them before, but watching them binge style has given me a new perspective and allowed for a better comparison.

Regardless of how you feel about the quality of the movies or what happens in Infinity War, this 10 year event of huge, related movies has been pretty special.

My current hot take - the Iron Man movies are easily the worst part of the MCU. Why are random bad guys capable of building a suit that makes Iron Man's look like tin foil? Iron Man 1 = Smartest guy on Earth invents technology and refines it through multiple iterations, bad guy picks up steel knock off in desert and makes better version first try. Ok end rant. Even hotter take - Iron Man 3 might be the best of the trilogy.

Captain America has the best individual movies of the universe, followed closely by Thor. It's a shame we didn't get a true Cap 3, as Civil War was more Avengers 2.5.(I'm ignoring all speculation about Infinity War, but Chris Evans' reported contract does not give me hope for Cap's future.)

I loved Black Panther, let's see if the events in Infinity War will allow him to have a trilogy - that could end up overtaking Cap. (Ditto for Dr. Strange)

What are your thoughts on this 10 year arc wrapping up? Am I completely wrong about Iron Man? Do you agree Cap and Thor are the best movies? Let's talk about anything from any part of the MCU.

For those who also want to binge in order.
vinbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

For me Thor 2 is the stinker of the bunch. Iron Man 2 follows closely but, it does have some redeeming factors in Sam Rockwell and I loved the bit with Tony getting the Mark V armor from a briefcase...straight out out of the old comics plus the Mark V design is my favorite suit design.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:45 AM   #3
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

I'm kind of over the whole Marvel series....why do they always get such good reviews?
They are very predictable, cheesy, forgetable and don't always make sense. To me, they are like Harry Potter movies.....there is always a magic spell or item to conveniently save the day.

Thor Ragnarok was hugely over rated...the amount of CGI characters fighting each other drove me nuts. Once you see the cheesy, over done cgi fights...all 'realism' is gone. (just like the Superman movies)

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

I was burned out after Guardians 2 and Homecoming and didn't even see Justice League and Ragnarok until recently. I did end up loving Ragnarok though..I liked how it was a bit of a super hero movie piss take, it looked great visually and,for me, the first time liking the music from a MCU movie
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

See as a kiwi, the kiwi humour didn't add anything for me.
Guardians 2 was very cool...for the first half. Really an entire planet?

Why do the bad guys have to be soooo over done?

www.sevans.co.nz
Old 04-08-2018, 08:33 PM   #6
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
See as a kiwi, the kiwi humour didn't add anything for me.
Guardians 2 was very cool...for the first half. Really an entire planet?

Why do the bad guys have to be soooo over done?
You do know that Ego the Living Planet is a longtime Marvel character, right?
Old 04-08-2018, 11:58 PM   #7
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

NO I don't...thank god.
This is why I'll always be more of a Batman type guy I guess. Or even Star Wars.
My suspension of disbelief only stretches so far.

www.sevans.co.nz
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM   #8
Kajinink79

Kajinink79 is on a distinguished road

You’re right it is a special treat to see them all blending together at the end and there’s not a whole lot to complain about from me. I thought iron man was great. Director and the actors were excellent and the rest weren’t that bad. I’ve still got a lot of catching up to do before infinity war part one, but I get to it when I get to it. Hulk had a great style to it! Can’t wait for that new inf war.
Kajinink79 is offline   Reply With Quote