The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 06-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
dursin

dursin is on a distinguished road

Selling your Trade on Kindle Direct Publishing

Does anyone know what is going on with that? I have tried posting my book's file on there a million different ways, and I keep getting messages that say that the bleed is wrong or that some of the images are less than 300 dpi, which doesn't make much sense because all of them are the same! One of my facebook friends said, "I submitted my book 4 times, and made no changes. It was rejected 3 times. Then accepted on the 4th." Is the thing just messed up?

The problem is that they don't take regular comic size, apparently. You have to fit in to one of their sizes. So I picked 7 X 10, because it was the closest. But they keep saying that the images spill outside the margin, even when they don't.

If someone has any answers, or even wants to just do it for me for $50, please let me know.
Read Robin Hood: Outlaw of the 21st Century #1-4 here
http://www.robinhoodcomicbook.com/
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

wow, i'm working on that LITERALLY right now.
I'm doing create space though.
Are you preparing it for digital or physical output? I remember with digital it helped to download their helper program and load your images in their, and it kicks it out to proper digital format for amazon kindle to upload to.
For physical you have to go through create space, and it takes some tweaking. I got mine approved, but when I used the virtual book reader thingie to check my pages, they were all jacked up, so I'm going through and making sure the "live area" of all my pages is less than 6.25x9.75 for a 7x10 document. I'll let you know how that works out once I finish
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
dursin

Thanks for the heads up. I thought that Amazon owned Createspace now (like they own just about everything else), so I guess I was just calling it that. The interface looks exactly the same.

I checked every page of mine and the "live area" was definitely in their window in the virtual book reader, but I still couldn't move forward. If you can figure it out, and are looking for some quick cash, I will send you my files and pay you to help me out!
Old 06-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

sadly I'm having a different issue. I've got a couple of double page spreads that are causing havoc with my situation. I'm having to try out a bunch of different combinations.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #5
dursin

That does sound rough. Well, if you figure it all out, and want to lend me a hand, I'll make it an even $100. Trouble is, I don't have a real computer, just a Chromebook, and I am forced to work on this on my work computer when I have some free time, and that computer isn;t all that great, either. I also have no idea what I'm doing.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
maverick

maverick is just really nicemaverick is just really nicemaverick is just really nicemaverick is just really nicemaverick is just really nicemaverick is just really nice

Is this thread about Kindle Direct Publishing or Createspace??

For Kindle, you need to use the Kindle Comic Creator application or else you will run into a host of format and other issues/errors.

I would not recommend Createspace at all for printing your TPB. You are better off using Lightning Source, which actually has comic-friendly formats, and which can also then be sold on-demand through Amazon.
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #7
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

I wouldnt recommend create space either, after I got it all finalized....my selling price came out to 6.25 for a 32 page single issue...eff that...no one will want to pay that. Might as well go back to Kablam and sell it through indyplanet.

I might check out Lightning Source if they're more price friendly than CS.
I recommend you drop create space as well Dursin, I did my novel through it years ago, and now I recall I never got to the proof order just because it wasnt worth it.