Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Sequential Art Showcase

Old 02-10-2019, 02:56 PM   #1
Rob Norton

12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

new story for MOTU comic, TWOBAD

or at least, his only appearance in the whole book. one of the last major villains to be rounded up by He-man after he returns from his self imposed exile. but Two-bad tells him that the warriors of Snake Mountain will one day rise up against him and that he cant stop them forever. so He-man makes a major decision here...

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Looking good so far. Really clean inking.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
Looking good so far. Really clean inking.
that's funny you say that. I TRY to do good inking with clean lines, but for lots of reason I wont get into cause its boring, im not able to use tools that work best for me for the lines I want to make, so most of this stuff is all done with Pitt pens and Microns. and I find myself having to try different things to get a look im happy with. im even using pens that are past their normal usefulness and mostly dead and scribbling around with them, trying to get something out of them cause they are still kinda leaving a line. overall..the results have both been frustrating and also produced some things that sorta work. anyway.. ill just keep plugging away at it.

Rob
Old 02-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #4
pandayboss
Illustrious Chap

pandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of lightpandayboss is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
that's funny you say that. I TRY to do good inking with clean lines, but for lots of reason I wont get into cause its boring, im not able to use tools that work best for me for the lines I want to make, so most of this stuff is all done with Pitt pens and Microns. and I find myself having to try different things to get a look im happy with. im even using pens that are past their normal usefulness and mostly dead and scribbling around with them, trying to get something out of them cause they are still kinda leaving a line. overall..the results have both been frustrating and also produced some things that sorta work. anyway.. ill just keep plugging away at it.

Rob
Really? I see really fine strokes, feathering and blacks altogether. You're probably thinking it too hard which I understand most of the artists do. You haven't seen my inking, haha. I'm very loose. I tried over the years to perfect a brush stroke but now I see my hands firm on the brush was too hard. I decided to use tech pens and markers instead. Now I know what I'm good at. Sometimes I use brush to thicken the object lines but if I can help it, I used thicker tech pens or sharpie. Well, one has to find his own strength and preference.
pandayboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandayboss View Post
Really? I see really fine strokes, feathering and blacks altogether. You're probably thinking it too hard which I understand most of the artists do. You haven't seen my inking, haha. I'm very loose. I tried over the years to perfect a brush stroke but now I see my hands firm on the brush was too hard. I decided to use tech pens and markers instead. Now I know what I'm good at. Sometimes I use brush to thicken the object lines but if I can help it, I used thicker tech pens or sharpie. Well, one has to find his own strength and preference.
well I appreciate that. it means a lot coming from an artist of your level.

ROB