Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Colorist Showcase

Old 07-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
SeanE

SeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really nice

spawn

pencils by David Finch
inks by David Rivera
colours by me

I've never coloured Spawn before now...

Old 07-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
Charles
New Hero

Charles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really niceCharles is just really nice

I'm not really a Spawn fan, but you've certyainly given a master's touch to the coloring of his costume. When do you not, though, as far as the characters that you color go?

So, as I sit and just stare at this piece, as my eyes run the gamut all over it, over every square inch of it, why do I not love the overall piece as much as I do Spawn's costume? What is it that my eyes find lacking?

As if your work is ever really lacking, thinks the crowd in the shadows and in the corners.

His eyes really do nothing for me. They move no meter within me. Yet, those are such small potatoes. The overall color palette in use is certainly somber enough to fit the mood of this particular character.

Not sure if it dark, or dusk, or early morning. The lit windows in the buildings are soruces of light - yet, they are heavily muted, eith a portion of the sky serving as either the greater source of light, or as a great reflection of the same.

Just find myself wondering why the piece seems so starved of darkness. It justs eems to leave an otherwise fabulous looking Spawn looking a bit out of place, as far as an overall scene goes.

Regardless, I still lover your handiwork with colors, as much as ever, Sean.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:25 AM   #3
SeanE

SeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really niceSeanE is just really nice

If the background were darker/dead of night, you wouldn’t be able to see Spawn at all except for his red cape.