The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Shaneew25

Shaneew25 is on a distinguished road

Something I wanted to share

Hi everyone,

I guess Im sharing this because Womanthology made a certain impact in my life. Well here it goes:

At the beginning of June, my mom was badly injured in a car crash. The crash caused her two broken legs. She's in the hospital and has a long journey of recovery ahead of her. Because I witnessed the crash, I was still in shock and for a good while I wasnt able to draw anything. I remember telling my mom, before the accident, about Womanthology and what it was about. She encouraged me even more to buy the book because she knew I really wanted to get myself a copy -and also she loved the idea.

A week after the accident, I got Womanthology heroic in the mail and I read through majority of the book (Im still reading it). As I read through, I was inspired by all of these stories that you gals created and that fueled me to draw again. I actually wanted to create a webcomic about anything, but since the accident happened--I want to create a webcomic that shows awareness about the responsibility of owing a car or any machine. My mom is a strong woman and I look up to her. She is my heroine--so I want to do this for her.

So I just wanted to say that Womanthology made me dive back into drawing again and this time---try to make a difference with the talent that I have. So thank you gals for you are so awesome!

My mom and me

My mom my heroine
Shaneew25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
NAAN

NAAN is on a distinguished road

This is such a beautiful story. I'm glad to see you guys have a positive relationship We need more of those in our world.

I hope your mother gets better and I'm happy to hear that Womanthology inspired you to create : D I also hope you'll show us your webcomic when it's up!
NAAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
themusingsofablerd

themusingsofablerd will become famous soon enough

What a powerful story. I hope that your mother continues to get better and I'm glad that you're drawing again. I'm looking forward to your webcomic!
themusingsofablerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Shaneew25

Thank you gals alot, I really appreciated it =)
Old 06-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
sherri rose

sherri rose is on a distinguished road

Very amazing story! I hope your mom gets better soon. I'm happy that Womanthology has inspired you to start drawing again. =)

When you start your web comic, please post a link here. I would love to read it.
sherri rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
Shaneew25

Thank you, I most definitely will. =)

UPDATE: My mom is done with her surgeries and is now preparing for physical therapy. My mom is so happy that she's done with the surgeries. Its going to be a long and tough recovery, but I know she will make it through. She is a super woman after all.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Sukeile

Sukeile is on a distinguished road

So glad to hear your mother is recovering.

Your webcomic sounds like a fantastic idea! I hope to read it as well, and share it with people I know, it's an important message to spread
Sukeile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
Shaneew25

She's home!

My mom is finally home after 4 months of being in the hospital and physical therapy. She can walk alittle, but she's a trooper and will be able to walk again. She is such a fiery and positive lady and Im glad and very happy that she is finally home! Thank you so much everyone for the love and support during my family's hard time. Much love and appreciation all around!!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
Tanja
Artist

Tanja is a glorious beacon of lightTanja is a glorious beacon of lightTanja is a glorious beacon of lightTanja is a glorious beacon of lightTanja is a glorious beacon of lightTanja is a glorious beacon of light

Wishing all the best for you both!
I also look forward to seeing your comic when it's launched.

Good luck!

- Tanja
Tanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
ealperin

ealperin is on a distinguished road

Everyone has said what I couldn't. You & your mom are an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story, & I wish you the best of luck on your webcomic!
ealperin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Shaneew25

Hey everyone! UPDATE!
Its been a year and a few months since my mom's accident and I just want to say thank you for all the love and support! My mom is pretty much on her feet now, she went from not moving at all to a wheelchair to walker and then finally to a cane. But she can walk again and she's on the move! Thank you so much again!

For the webcomic, Im still not sure how I can tell a story about the machine awareness, but it will come to me! =)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
sherridrawsstuff
Sherri Rose

sherridrawsstuff is on a distinguished road

Hi! It's great to know your mom is doing better.

And good luck with the web comic. I look forward to reading the comic when it's online. =)
sherridrawsstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #13
Renae De Liz
Art Wench

Renae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to beholdRenae De Liz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneew25 View Post
Hey everyone! UPDATE!
Its been a year and a few months since my mom's accident and I just want to say thank you for all the love and support! My mom is pretty much on her feet now, she went from not moving at all to a wheelchair to walker and then finally to a cane. But she can walk again and she's on the move! Thank you so much again!

For the webcomic, Im still not sure how I can tell a story about the machine awareness, but it will come to me! =)
Thanks for updating and for sharing your story. I am so incredibly happy to hear that your mom is feeling better. I am certain the perfect story will come to you soon. Do you have any artwork or sketches to share of it? I'd love to see! You are amazing for wanting to promote such an important and powerful message.

Creator-Owned Title PETER PAN
Project Manager of Womanthology

Other: Vertigo, Archie, IDW,
Renae De Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
Shaneew25

Thanks guys!

I dont really have any sketches for the webcomic, but I am thinking about how I can tell the story. Maybe a How-To-Be-Aware or something of that nature.

At first, I wanted to tell my mom's story, but with lawyers in the picture, I dont think it would be a good idea at this point. So I might just come up with alittle how to.