The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community > Tips From the Drawing Board

Old 05-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Siafu
I like cheese

Siafu has disabled reputation

Hoping for some help Flesh Tone colors Help

I'm having such a difficult time picking out flesh tones for a pin up I'm doing... I used to not have this problem, but after a recent pin up, the calibration of my computer got messed up and now, nothing comes out the way it should. Either too dark or too light and with that... not a proper flesh tone to boot.

So... how do you guys pick the flesh tones you use? Any help would be great.

To give you some added info.

When I'm adding shading tones, the colors look saturated on the edges of the brush being used. When I put them into another computer, they aren't dark enough tho.

I played with the gamma, but it's not improving...
Siafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

Biofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant future

The easiest way is finding a photo of someone with the skin tones you like, then use that as a palette (either just by keeping it open and using the eye dropper tool, or making a custom palette).

He will drink the super sauce and throw the bad guys for a loss, just ca-all, for Super Chicken!
Biofungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #3
Siafu
I like cheese

I think perhaps my photos I'm using need work themselves lol.

Thanks for the response too man. I really appreciate it. When I get a chance Saturday night, I'll post the image I'm refering to and perhaps that'll help give a few more ideas a chance to be heard... as it were.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Biofungus
Not for your amusement

Biofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant futureBiofungus has a brilliant future

I don't know who originally uploaded this, but I'm not taking any credit for it. I had this saved in my 'references' folder:

He will drink the super sauce and throw the bad guys for a loss, just ca-all, for Super Chicken!
Biofungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:48 AM   #5
Siafu
I like cheese

May not take credit for it, but I'm giving you credit for saving my ass!

Thanks man. I appreciate that.