Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 04-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Merano

Merano is on a distinguished road

Help Wanted sub-forum: threads not appearing

Who's currently approving the threads in these sub-forums?

It's been almost a week now since I posted an ad in the paid work-forum, and it has STILL not appeared. I'm pretty sure I followed the rules and I haven't received any pm's from any administrator either, in case something was wrong with my post.

It's frustrating. Apart from this forum and Reddit, where's the best place looking for new collaborators?
Merano is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

PencilJack has a pretty active community
Old 04-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #3
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but DW super mods that handle that stuff don't get on here as often as they should.

Deviantart, Penciljack are great places to place ads. But, Digital Webbing here is the best.

To be honest. The best way to find help for your project is to be active. Startup conversation within your desired thread. Get friendly.

Another great way is to start a thread about your project. Avoid making it spammy. Come back to it often. Then end with... Hey, this project is looking for X, Y and or Z
It's a sure fire way to find the perfect collaborator.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #4
Merano

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
Another great way is to start a thread about your project. Avoid making it spammy. Come back to it often. Then end with... Hey, this project is looking for X, Y and or Z
It's a sure fire way to find the perfect collaborator.
Trouble is, I don't really have the time or patience to do that. I just want to post an ad, hire a creator, and then be on my way.

Anyway, my ad went up, after about nine days. I'll be sure to have that in mind in the future.

Last edited by Merano; 04-16-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #5
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Hey Merano-- you can always post in the "Collaborations" help wanted section and just label the subject PAID. It'll have the same effect as if you put it in the paid area but a quicker turnaround (typically a day or so and less ruley).
Old 04-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #6
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merano View Post
Trouble is, I don't really have the time or patience to do that. I just want to post an ad, hire a creator, and then be on my way.

Anyway, my ad went up, after about nine days. I'll be sure to have that in mind in the future.
This an interesting response to someone that ultimately wants to sell comicbooks and needs geeks like me to be engaged and buy your story.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #7
Merano

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brian deberry View Post
This an interesting response to someone that ultimately wants to sell comicbooks and needs geeks like me to be engaged and buy your story.
I see your point, but when it comes to promotion and reaching out to new readers, when you have only so much time and a few outlets to choose from, Iím not sure if Digital Webbing is the place with the most traffic. (Though I may be wrong)
Old 04-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #8
eDuke

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merano View Post
I see your point, but when it comes to promotion and reaching out to new readers, when you have only so much time and a few outlets to choose from, Iím not sure if Digital Webbing is the place with the most traffic. (Though I may be wrong)
Digital Webbing has always been about the talent as opposed to comic readers... which is why I could never make any money off of it. But I'm okay with it being a small outlet for creators to interact and start careers with.