Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 03-28-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
gizroc2

gizroc2 is on a distinguished road

Job listings are not up long enough!

Job listings are not up long enough! (A note to Posters)

I usually visit DigitalWebbing twice a day, yet still miss out on being able to respond to listings before the poster has made his "choice." You are closing submissions too soon, and only hurting yourself by limiting choices. Not everyone can haunt the forum 24 hrs a day. (Some of us are actually busy doing work!) Just sayin'...

I would advise leaving your post up 36 hours.

_kevin p
gizroc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
Scribbly

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizroc2 View Post
Job listings are not up long enough! (A note to Posters)

I usually visit DigitalWebbing twice a day, yet still miss out on being able to respond to listings before the poster has made his "choice." You are closing submissions too soon, and only hurting yourself by limiting choices. Not everyone can haunt the forum 24 hrs a day. (Some of us are actually busy doing work!) Just sayin'...

I would advise leaving your post up 36 hours.

_kevin p
Oh well, you snooze you lose.
Seriously. There are hundred thousand artists from everywhere looking for job on these forums. Every day.
From eager amateurs to seasoned professionals.
We don't see them, we don't notice them, they may not have a voice on these forums. They may not be registered to the forums either. But they are there. Searching, looking around for jobs. As you do.
A commissioner posting a reasonable offer can have his/her email overloaded with hundred of replies with samples in few minutes or hours. They find what they need, they close the post.
Now, go back and see the Paid Jobs sections: http://digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101
Look at all the views that each post has. Look at it again, Because EACH VIEW is ONE ARTIST looking for JOB. Got it?
Old 04-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
Merano

Merano is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbly View Post
Oh well, you snooze you lose.
Seriously. There are hundred thousand artists from everywhere looking for job on these forums. Every day.
Do you know who's in charge of approving the ads that a poster puts up in either of these sub-forums? I posted an ad on Friday, and it still hasn't gone up. I'm pretty sure I followed every rule as well, telling creators who I ams, displaying my contact info, etc.
Merano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #4
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

Looking on the first page of the paid work forum, I only saw one ad where the poster followed up with a position filled post the very next day. Everyone else had their ads open at least a dozen days before closing submissions. I don't see the problem you're seeing but, if its a big deal for you maybe try visiting the paid work forums 3 times a day instead of 2...?
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote