Supes Inks!

Inks Commissions Open!

Inks Commissions Open!

Egef is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

inking is one of my most favorite steps in comic drawing, and also one of the hardest. it really takes a lot of skill to do what is best over someone elses pencil. I applaud you for trying something as advanced as a pro like jim lee

I think there are some areas that are struggling here... anywhere where you are attempting the crosshatching elements, it all falls apart.
there is none of the finesse that jim lee has in his pencils and that an inker should give him. there are parts where your ink translation deviates from the original art to much. the feathering isn't there... and the smooth confident lines that an inker needs on those parts are not there.
this is digital obviously, and I cant speak for how hard that skill is to master. I'm a traditional art kinda guy and I do inks on paper..so I do know how hard this stuff is. ive tried inking pro pencillers before and Ive never got it right myself either.
but we keep trying. Practicing to get better... eventually we will get there.
keep posting and sharing your work.

rob
12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
Egef

Egef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
inking is one of my most favorite steps in comic drawing, and also one of the hardest. it really takes a lot of skill to do what is best over someone elses pencil. I applaud you for trying something as advanced as a pro like jim lee

I think there are some areas that are struggling here... anywhere where you are attempting the crosshatching elements, it all falls apart.
there is none of the finesse that jim lee has in his pencils and that an inker should give him. there are parts where your ink translation deviates from the original art to much. the feathering isn't there... and the smooth confident lines that an inker needs on those parts are not there.
this is digital obviously, and I cant speak for how hard that skill is to master. I'm a traditional art kinda guy and I do inks on paper..so I do know how hard this stuff is. ive tried inking pro pencillers before and Ive never got it right myself either.
but we keep trying. Practicing to get better... eventually we will get there.
keep posting and sharing your work.

rob
You're right, I need a lot of work and practice ahead, thanks for the feedback.
Egef is offline   Reply With Quote