The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #16
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

I just wish I could get foreshortening down a quarter as well and I've been trying to 48 some odd years!! Pesky human anatomy can be a bear to work with, but I still dig the rendering nonetheless.

After Danny's comment regarding your faces and hair, I had been trying to put a finger on whose work they remind me of and, for me, I see more Adam Hughes than Art Adams, but, hey, they're both ultra-talented so being compared to either is a good thing!
jeffchris50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #17
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

I looked at Hughes for hours before I did the WW! Still looking at his work in fact....

Anatomy, Danny is a master, I study Bridgman, the covers are falling off every book!
cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #18
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare2009 View Post
Danny, I know you know what you're talking about, so I appreciate your observation, you know exactly how the drawing went down....until now I thought that leg was successful....does it really stand out that much?

I looked at people running, the muscles bounce around in motion, but your point about simplification is well taken, and is indeed what I have been trying to do....

as for style, its evolving constantly precisely because I am trying to cartoon more and worry less about accuracy....but its hard for me!
Honestly, yeah, I feel as if my eye zeroed in on that area right away but, the leg isn't a total disaster or anything so no worries. It just looks a bit over worked and misshapen and contrasts with the rest of her figure which is more concise and clear.

BTW, I'm no anatomy master-still trying to figure all this shit out myself-but thanks anyway.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:16 PM   #19
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Noted Danny, thanks for taking the time to crit.

Batwoman

Think I will ink this one....will see.....any thoughts on the pic are welcome!

Old 07-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #20
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Inked

Old 07-20-2017, 02:51 AM   #21
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Batwoman looks pretty good, Cesare. To my eye, everything looks pretty proportionate body structure-wise. Something feels off about her left foot, whether it's the angle or not, I can't put a finger on. You accentuated the curves of her upper body really well, but from the waist down, her curves seem to flatten out a bit, betraying of setting off-kilter the voluptuousness of her from the waist up. Maybe a little more roundness to the curve of her butt and exaggerate in the curves of her legs would help her out, as well.

The one element that really strikes me is the seemingly masculinity of her face. Body is all woman, but the face seems a little overly manly with angles and bone structure much more prone to a male character.

I think I like the pencilled piece a bit better than the inked piece; the pencils give her a nice, organic feel, but the inks comes in, especially on the head and face, and kind of take that organicness away. Sometimes, with inking, less is more. I'd dry to pull back on the solidity of some of the inkwork and try to capture some of the more subtle shading nuances portrayed by the pencil rendering.

With just a little fine-tuning and tweaking, this could easily be another fabulous addition to your portfolio!
jeffchris50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:32 PM   #22
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Another Version

Thanks for your crit Chris, I worked on the pic based on most of what you said.

Last edited by cesare2009; 07-20-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-24-2017, 11:00 PM   #23
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Silk Spectre

An older drawing, but I updated the inks