Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / Collaborations

Old 04-10-2018, 04:19 AM   #1
spaceman_jared

spaceman_jared is on a distinguished road

[PAID] Colorist Needed For Crazypants Grindhouse Mini-Series

YO COMIC KOOKS! SEQUENTIAL SAVIORS! COLOR COMMANDERS!

I'm looking for a talented color artist for a mini-series.

It's a fun project, lots of gonzo action and energy. It's very female centric and inspired by Grindhouse revenge tales (stuff like "Lady Snowblood", "Sex and Fury", "Zero Woman", "They Call Her One Eye").

I prefer an artist with an eye for interesting color choices. Someone familiar with 70's exploitation cinema is a plus! A suitable candidate needs to be comfortable with over-the-top violence and racy subject material.

I've posted a couple of pages of art from my story below. My artist has a bold style. I love every brilliant page he sends me and I want a color artist that compliments his style.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dmm1iqtf8...pBqnjJeZa?dl=0

The first chapter is ready to be colored by your brilliant hands, and there are three more chapters in the pipeline. I need a collaborator for all four, 12 page chapters (48 pages total) at $30/page ($1440 total). I pay via Paypal for each page upon delivery of high resolution assets. Looking to have the color work done for chapter one by late May/early June so I can show off your brilliant work during this year's convention season.

A LITTLE ABOUT MYSELF:

Hey, I'm Jared Sams! I'm a Los Angeles based writer/artist. My day job, I work for NBC-Universal Television Development, trying to create The Next Big Thing for my NBC Overlords. My night job, I create comics. I've self-published my own comic work for the last few years, and have done some work with small publishers.

You can check out some of my stuff at my website: www.spacemandead.com.

I'm looking to make a bigger splash with this project and intend on shopping it around to publishers, using my entertainment biz connections, possibly going the kickstarter route--anything to get the book in front of as many people as possible! I plan on tabling at comic conventions on the west coast of the United States. Wondercon, Phoenix Comic-con, Amazing Las Vegas, LA Comic Con--just to name a few--and want to have this project completed (all four chapters fully drawn, lettered, and colored) for the start of the 2019 convention season.

Thanks for humoring me! Hit me up and let's make sweet sweet sequential magic together!

Peace,
Jared
spacemandead@gmail.com
Spacemandead.com
spaceman_jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread