The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Hosted Forums > Womanthology

Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #31
Ashlee Lentini

Ashlee Lentini is on a distinguished road

Name: Ashlee Lentini

Skill Interests: Pencilling, Inking, Coloring

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Yes, I worked on all 4 of them.

Tell us about yourself! - I'm a comic book fangirl who also loves fantasy literature, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Harry Potter, and sports (hockey, baseball, and football). I am also obsessed with learning about how movies, TV shows, and art are made. Behind-the-scenes stuff is fascinating to me.

Goal in Comics: To continue to grow as an artist and to work as a cover and/or interior artist for a regular/mini-series.

or http://haightstreetgirl.deviantart.com/

Work Sample:
Ashlee Lentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #32
Stem_Cell

Stem_Cell is on a distinguished road

Name: Leigh Wortley (You can call me by my first or last, or just Stem/Cell)

Skill Interests: Illustration, Graphic Design, Colouring, Dabble in writing when dyslexia head isn't on.

Current Womanthology Contributor?: The Holiday PDF ~

Tell us about yourself! Dyslexic 22 year old Graphic Designer/illustrator with a Bachelor Arts Honors degree in Graphic Design from Leeds College of Art.

I like comic books, superheroes, jazz and punk rock music. I wish I was old enough to have seen Charlie Parker, young enough to play in ball pools and stupid enough to understand reality tv.

I have a boy's name. I'm not a boy. Not much of a girl either.

Goal in Comics: To hopefully one day produce comics full time. Currently working on 3 original story's as well as trying to adapt one of my favourite books like PZB's Drawing Blood.

Work Example:
Stem_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #33
Elena Andrews

Elena Andrews is on a distinguished road

Name: Elena Andrews

Skill Interests: Writing

Current Womanthology Contributor: Not yet

Tell us about yourself! - Full time mom, full time writer. I've written several stories for my husband's anthology (The Gathering) though my primary writing focus is on novels. My first, Run Like Hell, just went live on Amazon and B&N this week. I love writing! I also love being home with the family, getting to watch my boys play Little League, our 3 cats and relaxing with some great television: Homeland, Shameless, Parenthood, Game of Thones

Goal in Comics: To tell the stories I want to tell in a medium that has a limitless budget for a limitless imagination

Work Example:

"No, don't die on me now!"

Panic clenches my chest and I glance around for any sign of help. There isn't a soul in sight. Fear traps my breath. I'm alone and unprepared. Darkness surrounds me. This can't be happening. Not tonight. Why tonight?

The car slows, despite the pressure I'm applying to the gas pedal. "Please, please, please," I beg, wishing my pleas will miraculously help. One glance at the console confirms my fear. The gas tank is empty.
Elena Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #34
sherri rose

sherri rose is on a distinguished road

Name: Sherri Rose

Skill Interests: Pencils

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): I did pencils in Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF.

Tell us about yourself! - I'm a college student studying graphic design but comic books are my main passion. I love everything about them. =) I found out about Womanthology through Renae's Twitter post where she asked if anyone was interested in being part of an anthology. It's been an amazing learning experience for me and the ladies I worked with were super nice. The comic I drew for Womanthology will be my first published comic.

Goal in Comics: To share stories from my imagination through comic books, and give encouragement to other artist no matter what type of art they do that they can excess in there dreams.

Work Sample:
sherri rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #35
stahss
the funk of 40,000 years

stahss has disabled reputation

Name: Stacie Ponder

Skill Interests: Writing, penciling, inking

Current Womanthology Contributor? Heroic: my story, RPG, runs in the bottom margin of 140 pages of the book.

Tell us about yourself! I'm an inker, mostly- I've worked for Archaia, Marvel, IDW, Digital Webbing, and many more. But! As the number of inking jobs shrinks by the day, I'm expanding my skill set and dipping my toe into the penciling pool. I also do "stick figure" comics, including RPG, and man, I just love creator-owned. It's the best!

So yeah, comics. Also video games, pizza, my cat- well, all cats, honestly- and horror movies (which I write about and make). Oh, and CHEESE.

Goal in Comics: Goals in comics, I have them.

1. Keep RPG going forever and do so much with the property: sure I'd love to have a publisher pick it up, but books will get out there no matter what. I'd also love to make related games- video games and tabletop- and get into animation.

2. I want to draw something- ANYTHING: a t-shirt design, a comic, WHATEVER- for one BioWare's properties- they're the video game company behind Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I draw more BioWare fan art than anything else. I can't help myself.

3. Ink- or heck, draw- an X-Men title.

Work Example: this is actually four pages from the Womanthology: Heroic story:
stahss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #36
Elena Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahss View Post
Name: Stacie Ponder

Skill Interests: Writing, penciling, inking

Current Womanthology Contributor? Heroic: my story, RPG, runs in the bottom margin of 140 pages of the book.

Tell us about yourself! I'm an inker, mostly- I've worked for Archaia, Marvel, IDW, Digital Webbing, and many more. But! As the number of inking jobs shrinks by the day, I'm expanding my skill set and dipping my toe into the penciling pool. I also do "stick figure" comics, including RPG, and man, I just love creator-owned. It's the best!

So yeah, comics. Also video games, pizza, my cat- well, all cats, honestly- and horror movies (which I write about and make). Oh, and CHEESE.

Goal in Comics: Goals in comics, I have them.

1. Keep RPG going forever and do so much with the property: sure I'd love to have a publisher pick it up, but books will get out there no matter what. I'd also love to make related games- video games and tabletop- and get into animation.

2. I want to draw something- ANYTHING: a t-shirt design, a comic, WHATEVER- for one BioWare's properties- they're the video game company behind Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I draw more BioWare fan art than anything else. I can't help myself.

3. Ink- or heck, draw- an X-Men title.

Work Example: this is actually four pages from the Womanthology: Heroic story:
That looks great, Stacie
Old 03-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #37
Shouri
The original CCND

Shouri is on a distinguished road

Name: Shouri

Skill Interests: Pencilling, Inking, Coloring, Writing, Book design... everything 8D

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Heroic! as colorist.

Tell us about yourself!: I'm a graphic designer & freelance illustrator. I'm just starting out in comics: I have a bunch of own projects (Fragile & Springiette are just the first!), I've been collaborating on other webcomics like Eerie Cuties and Magick Chicks, inked Archie (Double Digest #221).... And I have many cats. 3_3

Goal in Comics: To never stop making 'em.

Fragile (comic - girl stories) http://www.fragilestory.com/
Springiette (comic - cute 4 panel) http://www.springiette.net/

Work Example:
Shouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #38
jojomonster

jojomonster is on a distinguished road

Name: Jolene Houser

Skill Interests: Pencilling & inking my own work.

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Heroic (4pg story) and Holiday PDF(pin up).

Tell us about yourself! - I am recently turned full time comic book artist. Who likes nerdy things like, reading, video games and Dungeons and dragons.

Goal in Comics: To be a all around good person and good artist. And to share with others the knowledge that I learn

Work Example:
jojomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #39
Psike

Psike has disabled reputation

Name: Paula Cob

Skill Interests: Pencilling and Coloring. (I hate, hate inking)

Current Womanthology Contributor? Nope.

Tell us about yourself! - I am a professional Graphic Designer and Illustrator, contributor of "The Gathering" and currently working as Flash Designer. I love the arts, music and theater. Likes to read, specially fantasy books and manga. For TV, Game of Thrones and Dr.Who. My favorite comic is Fables. Happily married to an excellent writer and mother of a cute 7-month baby girl.

Goal in Comics: I would love many people to know and enjoy my own work and if possible, make a living out of it.

Website: http://subarichan.deviantart.com/ (Seriously need to have my own site up again)

Work Sample:
Psike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #40
Hesse

Hesse is on a distinguished road

Name: Erica Hesse

Skill Interests: Penciling, Inker, Colorist, Letterer, and sometimes writer

Current Womanthology Contributor? Not yet!

Tell us about yourself! - I love comics and the art of pinup. I illustrate every chance I get. I self publish my own comic "The Key" while doing other comic related/pinup work. Oh and I love coffee!!

Goal in Comics: To do more sequential and or cover work in comics. And to finish my own comic and collect it in a trade.

Website: http://www.hesse-art.com *Note* website is currently under construction so there may not be any current updates!

Work Example

An example of my pinup work
Hesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #41
Elena Andrews

Wow. A lot of talented people in this thread. Love looking through the work
Old 03-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #42
comickergirl

comickergirl is on a distinguished road

Name: Sarah

Skill interests: Penciling. Writing. I'm also interested in lettering as of late.

Current Womanthology Contributor? Nope!

Tell Us About Yourself: Well, I love comics. A lot. This love affair began with simply reading them, but by third grade, I knew I wanted to write and draw them as well. Currently, I'm working on a digital art AA and watching a ton of science fiction. (Yep, I'm a major sci-fi geek.)

Goal in Comics: I would love to write/draw my own graphic novel.

Sample of work: (This is relatively sketch-ish. As in, most of my stuff is a tad more polished.)
comickergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #43
miquixtli

miquixtli is on a distinguished road

Yaaaay! finally I recovered my password so I finally can introduce myself! But first I must say I'm impressed with the efforts of this project and with the work of all the artists and all of you guys who post your lovely work here! so, here is my info

Name: Rosalba Jaquez

Skill Interests: Pencilling, Inking, Coloring, Writing... full package is good!

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Nope, yet I'd love to ;p

Tell us about yourself!: Well, I love and apply the ancient art of dayfreaming (fulltime, of course!), I'm in love with drawing, in love with my family (daughter, husband and 2 doggie daughters <3), I'm a professional Illustrator and Tattoo Artist, but I love to make comics whenever I can. I'm very passionate and I love the fact that I love my work and I've met almost every single person I love through art <3

Goal in Comics: Keep improving! and for now my biggest dream is to continue with my webcomic, but hopefully that will happen soon!

Work Example:

miquixtli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #44
Ashlee Lentini

Ashlee Lentini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlee Lentini View Post
Name: Ashlee Lentini

Skill Interests: Pencilling, Inking, Coloring

Current Womanthology Contributor? (Heroic, Sketchbook, Holiday PDF): Yes, I worked on all 4 of them.

Tell us about yourself! - I'm a comic book fangirl who also loves fantasy literature, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Harry Potter, and sports (hockey, baseball, and football). I am also obsessed with learning about how movies, TV shows, and art are made. Behind-the-scenes stuff is fascinating to me.

Goal in Comics: To continue to grow as an artist and to work as a cover and/or interior artist for a regular/mini-series.

or http://haightstreetgirl.deviantart.com/

Work Sample:

Once again, just fixing the photo of my work that wouldn't show up.
Ashlee Lentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
Elena Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena Andrews View Post
Name: Elena Andrews

Skill Interests: Writing

Current Womanthology Contributor: Not yet

Tell us about yourself! - Full time mom, full time writer. I've written several stories for my husband's anthology (The Gathering) though my primary writing focus is on novels. My first, Run Like Hell, just went live on Amazon and B&N this week. I love writing! I also love being home with the family, getting to watch my boys play Little League, our 3 cats and relaxing with some great television: Homeland, Shameless, Parenthood, Game of Thones

Goal in Comics: To tell the stories I want to tell in a medium that has a limitless budget for a limitless imagination

Work Example:

"No, don't die on me now!"

Panic clenches my chest and I glance around for any sign of help. There isn't a soul in sight. Fear traps my breath. I'm alone and unprepared. Darkness surrounds me. This can't be happening. Not tonight. Why tonight?

The car slows, despite the pressure I'm applying to the gas pedal. "Please, please, please," I beg, wishing my pleas will miraculously help. One glance at the console confirms my fear. The gas tank is empty.
Now I have art I can show. This is an unlettered page by Karen Wang for a short story that will be in an upcoming issue of The Gathering