Old 09-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #61
artman

artman is on a distinguished road

Daredevil, created in clip studio.

artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #62
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Can't work out the angle and perspective in the daredevil piece.
It's not right....very off balance

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #63
artman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Can't work out the angle and perspective in the daredevil piece.
It's not right....very off balance
thanks for the input.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:23 PM   #64
artman

the best Batman ever. created in clip studio.

Old 09-30-2018, 04:50 PM   #65
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Well, you can tell it's Keaton straight away.
Nicely done.

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
Old 09-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #66
artman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post
Well, you can tell it's Keaton straight away.
Nicely done.
thank you sevans.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #67
Artloader

Artloader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
the best Batman ever. created in clip studio.

Nice work here Artman, you've captured the likeness very well.

Loved that film by the way, made me want to become a millionaire and use my money to build cool gadgets, dress up in a costume and fight crime!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #68
artman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artloader View Post
Nice work here Artman, you've captured the likeness very well.

Loved that film by the way, made me want to become a millionaire and use my money to build cool gadgets, dress up in a costume and fight crime!
Thanks Artloader. The Keaton Batman is my favorite Batman. Tim Burton's first Batman captured Batman the best. I am probably alone on this but Nolan's characterization of Batman as a reluctant hero all too dependent on his toys and mentors ranked only slightly higher than the Joel Shumacker version.Batman is never a reluctant hero and so eager to quit. The Dark Knight was a brilliant character study of the Joker but Batman was pretty much a doormat. Snyder's Batman was quite good but he made the mistake of trying to Nolanize Batman v Superman bogging it down in to much real world grounding plus making Luthor into a weak version of the Joker.

I'm still waiting on a filmic Batman that will surpass Keaton's first film. I think if Warner had done Batman first then BvS it probably would've worked better.
Old 10-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #69
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Keaton Batman is a very successful piece.

Your other figures and compositions are entertaining but I think you may be over using the the heavy contrast / silhouette / outline approach.
cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #70
artman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare2009 View Post
Keaton Batman is a very successful piece.

Your other figures and compositions are entertaining but I think you may be over using the the heavy contrast / silhouette / outline approach.
I cant disagree with you on the contrast. The Keaton Batman is redrawing of a great photo, most of the work is done. I love high contrast art and I may be overusing it which is why I'm here for input. I've been looking at Kelly Jones, Mignola and Jorge Jimenez among others. These are great cartoonists and I am trying to incorperate bits that I hope to learn from them. Sometimes I'll start with a black page and carve out the white parts. I am trying to think differently from the way I used to draw which was more traditional and boring. I admit I like black so much its hard to give up but I can learn to use it better.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #71
artman

Robin, created in clip studio.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #72
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

I get the exaggeration that our going for.....BUT his legs look broken.
Slight change needed I think.

www.sevans.co.nz

www.darkarts.co.nz
Old 10-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #73
DCdraw

DCdraw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman View Post
I cant disagree with you on the contrast. The Keaton Batman is redrawing of a great photo, most of the work is done. I love high contrast art and I may be overusing it which is why I'm here for input.
Yeah I recognized the image, it's from the second movie. If you eyeballed from the photo (not traced) I think that's a very useful exercise tho. Not hating if you did trace it tho lol.

Not a fan of the second movie but with the refined cowl and the way they lit him, he looks like a million bucks in just about every shot. IMO-visually-the best batman on screen by far.

First movie look is good too but they refined and nailed it for the second one...except I wish they kept some semblance of musculature from the first suit...I think squaring things off on the torso kind of started him on the path where he's just another guy in a tech suit. Espcially in the video games where he's basically iron man-lite.
DCdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:16 PM   #74
artman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCdraw View Post
Yeah I recognized the image, it's from the second movie. If you eyeballed from the photo (not traced) I think that's a very useful exercise tho. Not hating if you did trace it tho lol.

Not a fan of the second movie but with the refined cowl and the way they lit him, he looks like a million bucks in just about every shot. IMO-visually-the best batman on screen by far.

First movie look is good too but they refined and nailed it for the second one...except I wish they kept some semblance of musculature from the first suit...I think squaring things off on the torso kind of started him on the path where he's just another guy in a tech suit. Espcially in the video games where he's basically iron man-lite.
I did trace and redraw. It is such a cool pic that I did not have to redraw much. I agree with you on the suit. Not a fan of the second movie either but I thought Catwoman was perfect and the Penguin sucked.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #75
artman

Dredd, craeated in clip studio