wolverine sample

www.mannieboy.deviantart.com
www.mannieboy.cghub.com
mannie abeleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
emmanuelxerxjavier

emmanuelxerxjavier is on a distinguished road

nice pages pre . ganda ng shot mo kay wolverine dito sa last panel , tsaka ung mga zombie mo talagang ayos, mukhang zombie, nakakatakot .
emmanuelxerxjavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
The Dag
Clan G33K$

The Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud ofThe Dag has much to be proud of

I see nipple. Can't do nudes on this site.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
mannie abeleda

mannie abeleda will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelxerxjavier View Post
nice pages pre . ganda ng shot mo kay wolverine dito sa last panel , tsaka ung mga zombie mo talagang ayos, mukhang zombie, nakakatakot .
salamat pre
Old 03-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
mannie abeleda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dag View Post
I see nipple. Can't do nudes on this site.
oopps sorry man, should I take it down or edit it,It's only minor right. sorry again i dont mean to offend anybody.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
creativesynergy
Steve Colle, Editor

creativesynergy has a spectacular aura aboutcreativesynergy has a spectacular aura aboutcreativesynergy has a spectacular aura about

Mannie, I guess the major question regarding the nudity is: Is it gratuitous or necessary in moving the story forward? Right now it seems like it was just thrown in there for the sake of showing nudity because the same effect could have been established with no "boobage" at all. Let's say, for example, that you were trying to submit this to Heavy Metal Magazine. Would nudity be a pre-requisite for publication? I don't think so.

Make the changes and (suggestion) start a new thread. I don't know if this one will be deleted for the obvious nudity, but you can catch it first.

Steve
Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
jeffo46
BANNED

jeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to alljeffo46 is a name known to all

Shades of George Perez !!!! I like these pages . Nice detail and flow to them. I wouldn't mind inking these.
jeffo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
mannie abeleda

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativesynergy View Post
Mannie, I guess the major question regarding the nudity is: Is it gratuitous or necessary in moving the story forward? Right now it seems like it was just thrown in there for the sake of showing nudity because the same effect could have been established with no "boobage" at all. Let's say, for example, that you were trying to submit this to Heavy Metal Magazine. Would nudity be a pre-requisite for publication? I don't think so.

Make the changes and (suggestion) start a new thread. I don't know if this one will be deleted for the obvious nudity, but you can catch it first.

Steve
the boobies thing is right from the sample script(avatar press) I dont know how to edit my post or how to delete it(noobie) sorry
Old 03-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
MattTriano
Cartoonist

MattTriano will become famous soon enough

Don't delete it, whatever.
Would you mind posting a few pages from the script? I'd like to see what you're interpreting, not just for the tits and oddities therein, but also for some of the slower moments. Working on spec, as samples, mean working wordlessly--I'm curious to know what could be edited from these pages to make for better continuity, and seeing the script would be beneficial in that regard.
Cheers,
M
MattTriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
Slothrop

Slothrop is on a distinguished road

Nice. I especially like the headshot.
Slothrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to allRob Norton is a name known to all

all other comments aside..... and im not kidding here....

i totally thought the zombie was biting into her tittie there. seriously. maybe because its such an eye catcher in terms of "is that a boob?" seems outta place. (i know it was in the script) but because i was watching the boob so intently, thats what i thought he bit in to. wasnt CLEAR it was her shoulder. wasnt until later in the pages where we SEE her shoulder that i got it.

and to be honest...i kinda liked the idea of zombie biting boob basically cause its weird, fucked up, and unexpected. the merits of whether its neseccary or not is for another discussion, but i liked the ballsy move of it....even though i saw it wrong.

i love your art by the way.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
mannie abeleda

thanks rob,Im glad you got where the zombie have biten her,he he he

Slothrop -thanks

MattTriano-I dont think I can post the script here, you can ask avatar press for a sample I think.

jeffo46- Im a big perez fan too.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Comics Commando

Comics Commando has a spectacular aura aboutComics Commando has a spectacular aura about

Nice work--I can definitely see these inked.

Best,

Kurt Hathaway
Cartoon Balloons Studio

Lettering / Logos / Fonts / Pre-Press / Page Design / Motion Graphics
for Print or Web / Entertainment, Advertising or Education!

Download a bleed guide for comics artists:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2683013...de__2012__.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGevjPkZso
Comics Commando is offline   Reply With Quote