Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 03-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
betoobyrne

betoobyrne is on a distinguished road

Illustrators Needed for Collaborating on Fantasy-based Start-Up Project ($40)

Hello!

Have you ever wanted to design and illustrate Dungeons and Dragons book or companion material? Do you want to make illustrations and draw maps for fantasy fiction? If so, I have a good project for you!

I am looking for an illustrator interested in a long-term, multi-genre project looking resituate the fantasy genre outside of Western European folklore and to look at other cultures as inspirations. Due to this, artists who who come from diverse backgrounds in regards to culture, ethnicity, etc., including multi-racial/ethnic/cultural identities, and use these cultures as your inspirations are highly encouraged to apply. If this is not you, but you feel compelled by this project, feel free to apply as well!

So far, I am developing a screenplay, oral storytelling piece, and a novel. The public launching of the project will begin with a month of flash fiction (short pieces of approximately 1000 words) released daily. Other content will be released as it is created. Some of the current illustration needs for this project are:
  • Novel Illustrations
  • Landscapes
  • Maps
  • Blueprint Style Designs
  • Character Designs and Concepts
  • Digital content for web
Ideally, I would like a couple of artists looking for long-term engagement who could share styles and ideas as this project grows over the next few years. This project is originating in New York City, and if you live there that’s a plus, though it’s definitely not necessary.

Compensation:
Currently, we are hoping that as we are in the beginning phases, we hoping that we can create a few smaller, pieces to go accompany some written content that we can use to help with fundraising efforts upfront. For those pieces we are paying $40/illustration, and we are willing to negotiate depending on the overall idea, design, and complexity of the ideas you have. This is a start-up project that is currently looking for funding, but be assured that we want be as competitive as we can make it.

Payment will be arranged, negotiated and agreed upon before any work begins. Artists will be compensated by piece and split 20/80% payment schedule - 20% upon receipt of initial design and receipt of invoice (supplied by us) and 80% within 2 days after we receive the final submission of high-resolution content for digital publication via email or dropbox. Artists can receive their payment either via PayPal or Venmo.

How to Submit:
To join me on this project please use the following link to fill out a quick form: https://goo.gl/forms/rWgg1h8DOV230kY02

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at betoobyrne@gmail.com.

Thanks for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon!

Beto

About Me:
Beto O’Byrne hails from East Texas and is the co-founder of Radical Evolution, a multi-ethnic, multi-disciplinary producing collective based in Brooklyn, NY. The author of 20 plays, screenplays, and original tv pilots, his works have been produced in San Antonio, Austin, Los Angeles and New York City, where was the most recent playwright-in-residence at the Stella Adler School of Acting and a 2050 Playwriting Fellow at New York Theatre Workshop. In addition, O’Byrne is an advocate for the performing arts field, having worked with organizations such as Theatre Communications Group, La Cooperativa of Latinx Theatre Artists of NYC, and the Latinx Theatre Commons. MFA, Dramatic Writing: University of Southern California. www.betoobyrne.com
betoobyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
betoobyrne

betoobyrne is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

So many great artists have responded! I am sifting through everyone now and will be in touch with those who I think their work best lines up with what I am making. If I don't reach out to you, know that everyone I have looked at is incredible!

Last edited by betoobyrne; 03-29-2018 at 10:36 PM.
betoobyrne is offline   Reply With Quote