12013 will become famous soon enough12013 will become famous soon enough

Star trek Discovery

...is awesome. Right? Im lovin it.

You?
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 05:22 AM   #2
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of light

Nope.
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:59 AM   #3
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

The Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to all

I've nothing but bad reviews. I love Star Trek and I also love Sonequa Martin-Green but I don't want to buy CBS all access just to watch this and it's been panned as being very divisive for old Trek fans. It's a shame too I really wanted a new Trek show to enjoy. I may get it on DVD eventually and give it a try. I've heard the Orville is better although it's not Trek it's more like Trek than this.
The Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
Duane Korslund
F!@* Symmetry!!

Duane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to beholdDuane Korslund is a splendid one to behold

I really like Discovery, I was almost sure I wouldnt. I dont really dig a lot of the Klingon stuff, but the story is great.
Duane Korslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:44 PM   #5
Rob Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit View Post
I've nothing but bad reviews. I love Star Trek and I also love Sonequa Martin-Green but I don't want to buy CBS all access just to watch this and it's been panned as being very divisive for old Trek fans. It's a shame too I really wanted a new Trek show to enjoy. I may get it on DVD eventually and give it a try. I've heard the Orville is better although it's not Trek it's more like Trek than this.
ah don't believe that nonsense. theres plenty of good reviews about it. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. really good stuff. I hope you give it a shot..
Old 02-10-2018, 01:35 AM   #6
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Orville is F**Kin terrible.

It isn't funny or a clever sci-fi. Haven't seen Discovery.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #7
Rob Norton

I'm loving it more than I thought I might.

-I didn't care for the design of the ship at first when they showed it to us before the show aired. but I'm 100% on board now.

-they have a really interesting alien character Saru who is a practical makeup character but is SO much more than just another start trek alien where it looks like a human with various bumps on his head. he is a tall, lanky odd shaped guy that is just an actor in a suit and stilts and all kinds of cool shit. very neat.

-there is the character Tilly, who is an awkward goofy nerd girl who actually is a slight bit overweight... but man do you just love her and find her quirkiness very endearing. and shes pretty sexy actually.

- a captain that is different than any other that came before.

-people bitch about the Klingons and the differences they made... but I'm fine with it. they are still the same basic fucking creatures and say the same shit. they just look different. I like it. it makes them seems very ALIEN and scary and new and unique.

-the Discovery's method of travel is a wild new idea that opens new doors and new possibilities.

.sooo... yeah... I like it. and the just wrapped up Mirror Universe stuff was Very cool.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #8
Bishop

Bishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud ofBishop has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post

I find myself not liking pretty much anything Seth MacFarlane is involved with, Orville included.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:18 AM   #9
Eliseu Gouveia
Suteki Da Ne

Eliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to behold

I remember the hatred when Lorca appeared, as he was nothing like any starfleet captain we'd ever seen before.

The thing is...
If we look back, starfleet has its share of reprehensible captains. Matt Decker,Jellico, Ronald Tracey, Rudolph Ransom, Garth of Izar , Harryman, Styles...
Old 02-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #10
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

The Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to allThe Spirit is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12013 View Post
ah don't believe that nonsense. theres plenty of good reviews about it. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. really good stuff. I hope you give it a shot..
Well it is Star Trek so I know I eventually will. The CBS all access thing is keeping me away for now though.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #11
The Spirit
Meep Zorp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans View Post

I read reviews on John Byrne's forum and Byrne a huge Trek fan himself praises it. This is the trouble with the internet. Back in the old days you could just watch a show and like it or not. Now everyone chimes in with opinions. I will say it colors my perception of shows and movies when I watch them. I sometimes see flaws I might not have and go in thinking about it a certain way. I try to avoid spoilers on movies as much as possible since I have to pay so much to see them. Anyway I will give them both a try eventually. I don't have nearly as much time to watch TV as I used to. I'm working on a lot of projects that demand my time. The only thing I've watched in weeks is The Flash because I watch that one with my Wife and kids. I'm behind on a lot of shows I used to watch all the time.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #12
Buckyrig
I Know Super Karate!

Buckyrig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spirit View Post
Well it is Star Trek so I know I eventually will. The CBS all access thing is keeping me away for now though.
Haven't tried this myself, but if you log onto Netflix through a VPN that shows, say, a Canadian address, you can watch Discovery, as it is available on Netflix outside the US. (At least that's what I've read.)

The Orville feels like ST:TNG with some jokes. It's not in that always-on position that other McFarlane stuff usually is.
Buckyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #13
Eliseu Gouveia
Suteki Da Ne

Eliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to beholdEliseu Gouveia is a splendid one to behold

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Jon Hamm for Captain Pike or we riot.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #14
Arak-8

Arak-8 is on a distinguished road

Speaking of Star Trek altogether. Has anyone here seen this particular web series of Trek TOS before?

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

Just thought i'd ask and give it a try. To anyone new about,check it out.
Arak-8 is online now   Reply With Quote