Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #151
Artloader

Artloader is on a distinguished road

@Artman: Thanks mate, yeah I loved doing that arm .

So I've been forcing myself to draw from imagination a bit more since I've fallen out of the habit:

Old 11-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #152
Artloader

I've been trying to invent a face for my comicbook protagonist. He's a Captain of the Guard, a moody guy and a bit of a loner who's heart has been broken by a beautiful woman. Crits most welcome - thanks.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:58 AM   #153
artman

artman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artloader View Post
I've been trying to invent a face for my comicbook protagonist. He's a Captain of the Guard, a moody guy and a bit of a loner who's heart has been broken by a beautiful woman. Crits most welcome - thanks.

each successive drawing gets better. my suggestion, add something like a headband, earring, ect., to distinguish the character.
artman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #154
Artloader

Thanks for dropping by Artman, interesting suggestion - thanks. Although I'm going to try distinguishing my characters by giving them different face shapes and features - a tough one for me since I've always ended up drawing generic features in the past when I've tried to invent.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #155
artman

artman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artloader View Post
Thanks for dropping by Artman, interesting suggestion - thanks. Although I'm going to try distinguishing my characters by giving them different face shapes and features - a tough one for me since I've always ended up drawing generic features in the past when I've tried to invent.
you are doing the work to distinguish this character. in a quick glance i saw you changing hair, nose, and forehead, ect. but in any media characters stand out by certain characteristics. Sherlock Holmes' pipe and i believe he had a large nose, Superman's spit curl, the Shadow's huge nose, Nick Fury's eye patch, are examples of giving a character a trademark. some artists do draw the same face but there is a reason why some creators add something extra but i was just suggesting because any creation has to stand out somehow or someway.
artman is offline   Reply With Quote