The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Help Wanted / Jobs > Help Wanted / PAID Jobs

Old 08-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
liminalsoup

liminalsoup is on a distinguished road

Artist needed for Post-Apocalyptic Dinosaurs (PAID)

Post-Apocalyptic Dinosaurs is a new comicbook series pitch project that is looking for a lead artist. Set immediately after the asteroid impact at the end of the Cretaceous, the story follows several dinosaurs as they struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

The ideal artist will be:

A) Able to produce pencils and inks at a professional level.

B) Professional attitude. Able to meet deadlines.

C) Has a strong interest in, and enthusiasm for; drawing accurate and realistic dinosaurs (specifically from the Hell Creek formation).

D) Backgrounds. I have an unhealthy obsession with backgrounds. Every panel needs a background (mostly burnt out forest, deserts, devastation, and other "scenery gorn"). No closeups with gradients or starbursts unless the script calls for it. Please consider the time it takes to draw backgrounds in every panel when quoting your rate.

E) While I only need 8 pages to start, the candidate must have time to devote to an entire series (six issues) if the book is picked up for publication. (if you don't have time to devote to an entire series, please be up front about it as I have other paid dinosaur projects that may be more appropriate for you).

Please include the following:

1) Links to samples of dinosaur drawings. There are no humans in this book, just dinosaurs & reptiles. I need someone who can draw realistic, vicious, feathered and non-feathered dinosaurs.

2) Ability to create dinosaur characters that look different from each other, even though they may be the same species. (example: three Tyrannosaurus Rexes that all look different so a reader can visually tell them apart. This should not to left to the colourist.)

3) Links to samples of sequential art. Show me that you understand the special "language" of comicbooks.

4) Please tell me your usual page rate for pencils/inks. I am hoping to pay around $75/page however if you charge more just let me know. Payment will be via paypal. Payment will be either 50% upfront, 50% on completion of 8 inked pages. ("Completion" means submission of the final completed pages via e-mail or dropbox in 300 dpi LZW-compressed TIFF format. ) OR I am willing to consider other payment options that you prefer (such as payment for every page completed). Payment will always be within 48 hours of receiving artwork.

The is for an Image and/or Darkhorse pitch. We will produce 8 pages of the first issue, fully coloured and lettered. Based on the pitch package, Image or Darkhorse will decide if they want to pick up the project. These 8 pages need to kick ass!

This is an adult-content book (lots of gore and swearing).

For information about my past projects, my website is www.liminalsoup.com

You can contact me at liminalsoup@yahoo.com or on twitter @liminalsoup

Thanks!

Joseph R. Abbott
liminalsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
liminalsoup

liminalsoup is on a distinguished road

This position has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied.
liminalsoup is offline   Reply With Quote