The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Artist Showcase

Old 11-19-2017, 02:17 AM   #16
reyesart

reyesart is on a distinguished road

People have already offered great advice. If you would like some help with Rendering your art I made a How To Video that may help.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #17
jeffchris50

jeffchris50 will become famous soon enoughjeffchris50 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare2009 View Post
we do that to other people's art work here?
I thought that was a bit of overstepping one's boundaries, as well, cesare, unless Justice had gotten in touch with you to approve posting it.
jeffchris50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:30 AM
Justice41
This message has been deleted by Justice41.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:31 AM   #18
Justice41
Piss Off

Justice41 has disabled reputation

Quote:
we do that to other people's art work here?
We used to do that, has something changed? I don't visit much so if the whole art overlay, manip, help thing has gone away there's no reason to keep coming here.
Justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #19
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

sure, advice, but totalling obliterating the work? The point was to render the figure. I respect your skill but that was not advice.
cesare2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #20
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

cesare2009 will become famous soon enoughcesare2009 will become famous soon enough

Watched the vid Jimmy, great technique
Old 11-21-2017, 04:17 PM   #21
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sure, advice, but totalling obliterating the work? The point was to render the figure. I respect your skill but that was not advice.
I don't see what the problem is. he altered it to offer a visual representation of his thoughts on something that could or could not work. he actually stopped everything hes doing, and put some time in to make some alterations to show you what he meant, rather than just SAYING it. he could have just said it, but with art, sometimes its easier to show that try to explain.

ultimately, he didn't hurt your art. its still there. why didn't you have a problem with the guy that took your art and did that drawover with the "crest" thing or whatever that was. he took your art and altered it, to show a point.. but you weren't concerned. so I don't see the problem with justice doing what he did in the context he did.

either way, this thread for a minute, has been offering some nice thoughts on art and different ways to approach it. its been valuable. and that's good.

rob
12013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #22
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Agreed.

Don't personally think it was over stepping. More people need to illustrate THEIR points visually. This is a visual medium.

That was his take on the picture, like all advice you take the bits that work and ignore the rest.

You still have your art, he didn't come to your place with a sharpie and draw on the original.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #23
TASKER
I'm not your DADA

TASKER has disabled reputation

lol let it go.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #24
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

The thread may be getting out of hand, I stand by what I said, the point of the piece was to render the figure.

I enjoyed applying some of the advice I got with regards to anatomy and rendering. Justice is a pro and I value feedback tremendously, but it irked me that he just wiped out the effort and I'm not apologizing for it.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #25
Scribbly
Easy reader

Scribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud ofScribbly has much to be proud of

From where I am, a graphic correction over artwork is always more effective and clever than a written, detailed description of what should be improved.
I liked the first image as it was. It has a good flow. With a few touches it could be perfect.
I see Tasker was effective and clever for everyone on the issues.

When correcting artwork is important to keep on mind what was the original intent of the author before put hands on.
Scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #26
eDuke
Owner

eDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to beholdeDuke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice41 View Post
We used to do that, has something changed? I don't visit much so if the whole art overlay, manip, help thing has gone away there's no reason to keep coming here.
Yeah, Justice is right. Back in the day other creators helped other creators get better. That was the beauty behind this site. I get it though, nowadays people don't want that help and that's okay too.

But I would hate to see Justice take off because of this. I hope he doesn't because we need more people like him.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #27
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

"Yeah, Justice is right. Back in the day other creators helped other creators get better. That was the beauty behind this site. I get it though, nowadays people don't want that help ...."

I did not say I dont want help.....but if the idea is to render the drawing, eliminating the rendering.....I dont see that as help......
Old 12-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #28
Rob Norton

12013 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=cesare2009;1871399 I did not say I dont want help.....but if the idea is to render the drawing, eliminating the rendering.....I dont see that as help......[/QUOTE]

I think maybe you were missing the point of his post. what I thought he was getting at in part (and I could be completely wrong here) is that if you remove all the rendering and distracting lines and crosshatching and just get down to the basic simple linework of the FIGURE, and see if it still looks structurally sound and dynamic, without all the other stuff.. then its a good indicator of how well the figure is working.
not saying the rendering is bad or wrong. its just a way to look more simply at the figure work to see how its going. kinda like taking a drawing you are doing and looking at it in reverse and suddenly all kinds of errors you just couldn't see before become super apparent. I do this all the time with my own stuff.

anyway..i could be wrong about his intent. but that's the lesson I took from it. as just an example of how to see how your drawing is going.

anyway...you are still good at what you do.

rob
Old 12-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #29
cesare2009
Blood Sweat and Tears

Thanks Rob, that's a fair take on it...