The Talent Engine

Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Lettering Showcase

Old 05-02-2014, 02:07 AM   #16
Kel Nuttall
DWP EIC & BMF

Kel Nuttall is just really niceKel Nuttall is just really niceKel Nuttall is just really niceKel Nuttall is just really nice

I don't think you need the © with the title logo. If you want you'd put the ™ with the logo. Don;t suppose it hurts anything, I've just never seen it tagged to a logo….for anything really.

I like the logo BTW!
Kel Nuttall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:25 AM   #17
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Kel, I changed it to TM.
Morganza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #18
ponyrl
OmenSpirit always...

ponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud ofponyrl has much to be proud of

Muich better.

"That was last year. This year
I'm trying to earn a living."
-Sunset Boulevard
ponyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #19
Alyssa
@AlyCro

Alyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to allAlyssa is a name known to all

Everything looks awesome, to me. The new gold bevel on white looks really slick.

The only little thing that's bugging me is the Black Pyramid Studios text wrapped inside the circle. Looks really warped and squished and the kerning is weird. Pretty sure Illustrator has the tools to set text like this properly, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Sorry I can't be of more help. :-/
Alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #20
AdWilliams

AdWilliams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Nuttall View Post
I don't think you need the © with the title logo. If you want you'd put the ™ with the logo. Don;t suppose it hurts anything, I've just never seen it tagged to a logo….for anything really.

I like the logo BTW!
Of course, you might want to make sure you've registered it as a trademark, too. That'll run around $500. I'm aware of the poor-man's copyright, but not a poor-man's trademark. I could be wrong. It might not be enforceable by law until you do so.
AdWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #21
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Morganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of lightMorganza is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
The only little thing that's bugging me is the Black Pyramid Studios text wrapped inside the circle. Looks really warped and squished and the kerning is weird. Pretty sure Illustrator has the tools to set text like this properly, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Sorry I can't be of more help. :-/
Thanks for pointing that out I did try to fix it, I dont have Illustrator, this is the best I can do.

https://www.facebook.com/28774171133.../?l=d20f9ea498
Old 05-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #22
QAN
slliuq fo eht tnerruc

QAN will become famous soon enoughQAN will become famous soon enough

The logo is much improved. You could also, play with it some more (as insisted above) if you wish. You do have the three sides of the pyramid to work with and that neg spaces, but it's good as is. Have you thought of a mascot for your imprint?
QAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #23
Thomas Mauer
Letterer & Designer

Thomas Mauer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWilliams View Post
Of course, you might want to make sure you've registered it as a trademark, too. That'll run around $500. I'm aware of the poor-man's copyright, but not a poor-man's trademark. I could be wrong. It might not be enforceable by law until you do so.
TM is the poor man's. (R) is the registered trademark which costs money.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #24
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

good stuff going on here.. thread stickied.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:56 AM   #25
Morganza
Black Pyramid Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by QAN View Post
The logo is much improved. You could also, play with it some more (as insisted above) if you wish. You do have the three sides of the pyramid to work with and that neg spaces, but it's good as is. Have you thought of a mascot for your imprint?
Thanks, and no, I have not thought of a mascot. It's really something I do not need, this book has very dark subject matter, a mascot would seem inappropriate I think.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #26
Comics Commando

Comics Commando has a spectacular aura aboutComics Commando has a spectacular aura about

Overall nice job, Morganza. Relating to Thomas' advice, I've just updated my bleed guide. I'll be glad to send it your way. Just contact me at:

khathawayart@gmail.com

Best,

Kurt Hathaway
Cartoon Balloons Studio

Lettering / Logos / Fonts / Pre-Press / Page Design / Motion Graphics
for Print or Web / Entertainment, Advertising or Education!
Comics Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #27
deenamathew

deenamathew is on a distinguished road

Its is good but something has to change i think the border
deenamathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #28
Comics Commando

Comics Commando has a spectacular aura aboutComics Commando has a spectacular aura about

The above-mentioned bleed guide is now on my site's freebies page.

Get it here:
http://www.cartoon-balloons.com/downloads.html

Kurt Hathaway
---------------------------------
Cartoon Balloons Studio
Lettering • Logos • Pre-Press • Graphic Design • Video
for Print or Web • Entertainment, Advertising or Education!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGevjPkZso

http://www.cartoon-balloons.com
Old 06-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #29
OnoMattOpoeia

OnoMattOpoeia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdWilliams View Post
If you're referring to the "mail it to yourself" trick, that's a very popular rumor, but it's incredibly simple to fake, and has no actual legal backing in terms of copyright enforcement.

Just wanted to toss that out there, lest anyone rely on it for protection.
OnoMattOpoeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #30
Comics Commando

Yeah, you can't just change the copyright symbol to TM. When I was at Image Comics, there was a period where we had to wait for the proper legal channels to take their course until we could add the TM to our {MY} cover logos. I'm not sure whet the procedure is, but there is filing of paperwork and a fee of some kind, I think.

Best,

Kurt Hathaway
Cartoon Balloons Studio
www.cartoon-balloons.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETGevjPkZso