zombie nun

goblin heads

Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #47
Selkirk
furious sketch artist

Selkirk will become famous soon enoughSelkirk will become famous soon enough

Lightbulb

a rather strange series of sketches featuring jocasta (redesigned ^^;...) and minion ( a guard) and the mysterious giant cyborg sigma red

url=http://postimg.org/image/59szmbmtp/full/][/url]
Old 07-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #48
Selkirk
furious sketch artist

Lightbulb

wolverine sobbing ...

wolverine in tokyo , 1982 ...trying to update the claremont/miller concept of wolvie in japan

oh and a quick lois lane
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #49
TimR

TimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really niceTimR is just really nice

Good stuff.. I like how you don't seem to have taken anyone's advice from way back when
(and please don't; "do your own thing" as they say..)

obviously you're all about the nude, but it would be interesting to see how you'd handle somebody actually wearing clothes, just once..
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #50
Selkirk
furious sketch artist

Thumbs up

thanks bro and good to hear from you again...on advice, you know the creator of one piece once said (roughquote here so bear with me ) 'don't listen to what anyone else says'...i took those words to heart obviously .

but seriously, i keep meaning to try a bit of diversity in subject matter...but then i keep coming back to not being able to draw feet/hands/face right, so it's back to the drawing board. i must hammer away at anatomy until either i can draw justice league group shots(with half of them flying ^^; ) or my arm falls off .

altho i do plan to work on some steampunk designs soon so there should be at least hats on the characters
Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #51
Rob Norton
apprentice of the pencil

Rob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to beholdRob Norton is a splendid one to behold

I have no idea whats going on, and im weirded out... but I love it. do your own thing man. love those profiles and close ups on the faces. and the weird naked people doing whatever.

rob
Rob Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #52
Selkirk
furious sketch artist

much thanks bro ...yeah my sketches get pretty weird . seems like the more i try to make 'normal' superhero sketches my brain starts wandering and i end up with naked robots and giant cyborg .
Old 07-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #53
Metalni
wise man said...

Metalni has a spectacular aura aboutMetalni has a spectacular aura aboutMetalni has a spectacular aura about

Interesting sketching stye... And one of the best anatomy knowledge that i ever seen!
I am in the tempatation to ink something of this...
Metalni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #54
dx
Official Memeber

dx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to all

You need a new handle..."Floppy Titties" comes to mind.

Tagline, " They Flop in the Wind Like a Fat Kid on a Pogo Stick"
dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #55
Selkirk
furious sketch artist

Lightbulb

@Metalni thanks bro ....and if you see anything you want to ink, go for it -i would be interested to see the results
@dx ...that has a nice ring to it

and some more zombies

zombie head

various citizens of a small georgia town turned into zombies

zombie daughter and mom
Old 07-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #56
dx
Official Memeber

dx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to alldx is a name known to all

Really excellent faces btw....love the expressions
dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #57
Metalni
wise man said...

Metalni has a spectacular aura aboutMetalni has a spectacular aura aboutMetalni has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
@Metalni thanks bro ....and if you see anything you want to ink, go for it -i would be interested to see the results
Thanks, but it' just a joke... I dont want to ruin this fantastic drawings.
Metalni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #58
Max Romaine
Artist, musician, lunatic

Max Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really niceMax Romaine is just really nice

You are definitely good, no doubt about that! You're great with faces and, even though they're sketches, I love the detail you throw in. What I like most about your drawings is the roundness of your lines. It gives everything a loose and very organic feel that appeals to me. This seems to flow into the poses themselves as well which, while over-exaggerated at times, add to the unique style.

Your anatomy is pretty good overall. Just a few points that I thought I should mention:

Your faces are fantastic, but I've noticed that, when drawing someone full or nearly full face, you tend to make the lower part of the nasal septum (columella) come down a bit too far on the face. This has the effect of making the person look like they have an animal's nose, as if they aren't entirely human. It's obvious you have a fondness for voluptuous women (so do I ) and there's certainly nothing wrong with an ample bosom, but I've noticed you tend to draw the upper torso and shoulder area extra large as well which looks a bit unrealistic (unless you were intending to draw a woman who is the size of a man, in which case please disregard). Your feet look pretty good, but you tend to make the instep a bit too high and your ankles a little too narrow.

However, these are sketches of course, so it's hard to get too much into it. I'd really like to see some finished work from you. These drawings are wonderful!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #59
cust0m

cust0m is on a distinguished road

Well..

I love that you have a very distinctive look, this will serve you well, the following are just a few suggestions, one artist to another.

The first is the boob issue I think the problem is not their size, but their construction. Consider where they attach, then consider that immediately below where they attach they lay on the rib cage before curving outward, even in the most unrealistic implants they settle towards the bottom, I think if you give them this mass/lower concentration on the ribs they will not seem to levitate so distractingly.

Second all your women and all your men look very similar. I think you know what you like and tend to draw within that framework. Try drawing different famous people like Bob Marley, Mary Poppins, Audrey Hepburn, and Elvis to get a range of face types. its more about the shapes and relative proportions within the feature not just making the features bigger or smaller.

Third costumes and clothing are everything. I know this because ALL i want to draw is the human figure in its infinite forms and shapes but clothes are where its at. Costumes, suits, capes and so on will also help differentiate your characters. You dont want to hide all your time earned anatomy so try to draw the outline then the clothes without the muscles.

The are not suggestions to change your style, just practice to help you reinforce what you have and make you more versatile.

Oh yea, I just remembered, burne hogarth is who your work reminds me of, you should check out his work I think you'll like it, its very stylistically similar in some ways.

-Pete/Cust0m
cust0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #60
Selkirk
furious sketch artist

Lightbulb

@dx thanks bro
@max thanks for the kind words my friend and excellent eye...quite right with the noses(i've been getting a bit wild with the width too...everyone is looking like a dwarf ). this is definitely on the 'fix' list'.
and once again i agree with shoulder width...bit of a bad habit here...i think im compensating/making room for really big boobs. this is on the 'except when im drawing muscle babes list' .

@custom thanks for the comments and crits.
helpful stuff here...boob placement is an area of some confusion(part of this is i've been trying to ape hyung tae-kim too much ^^;... and the other part is just again confusion).
excellent points about faces..altho in fairness some of this is range of subject matter...hero/heroine x is battling hero/heroine y. but a valid point. i will try to spend some time on some more varied faces.
and to clothing/costumes...i can't but agree. problem here is just frankly time for practice(and as noted i'd rather show off figures ). but i'm going to try to make an honest effort to do at least some costume work in the near future.

and a couple more sketches
x-23 at weapon x labs ...she will be free !

another wolvie in japan face