Go Back   Digital Webbing Forums > Talent Engine > Creator Community

Old 05-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
Hanyouyomi

Hanyouyomi is on a distinguished road

I think I'm overcomplicating a simple publishing situation...

Long story short, when I was in high school my french teacher suggested that I create a comic-book inspired by the illegal immigration issue that was going on. I took her up on that suggestion simply because that was the first time I had heard to human referred to as "aliens," and it put in mind of a Korean "manga" I was reading at the time called "In-Dream World."(https://myanimelist.net/manga/374/In_Dream_World) where humans and demi-humans transported to the dream realm were referred to as "aliens," by the natives. So I took inspiration from that and made a story about a group of humans immigrants that are transported to another world and save it from a uprising overlord...

Rather generic I know, but I was attempting back then to be metaphorical. Well the 2016 Election and landscape of Marvel and Image has motivated me to finish this series.

Now my problem is this: I'm debating whether to self publish this series or submit it to an indie publisher like Image or Dark Horse, or self publish it... Self publishing would mean that marketing and distribution would be on my shoulders, whereas with a publisher I'd only have to worry about getting the word out... But then there's no guarantee any indie publisher would take this series... There's just a lot to consider...
Hanyouyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
JuanNavarro
Writer/Artist FWACATA.com

JuanNavarro is on a distinguished road

Talking well...

You can always try both, one before the other: try for the publisher,s but have the series or some pages done, and see who bites. While that is happening, pan a Kickstarter/Indiegogo for your campaign on the self-publishing route. This will also help garner fans who will be early adopters. Like that, you play the field and figure what to do next.
JuanNavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
paul brian deberry
is a MASShole

paul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to beholdpaul brian deberry is a splendid one to behold

Comixology is a great option.
P.B.DeBerry is a writer/letterer of words, soup enthusiast in Massachusetts with a talent for over thinking. This bio took him five hours to write. You can read more from P.B. at.. fisticuffswriting.com
paul brian deberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:55 PM   #4
sevans
www.sevans.co.nz

sevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to allsevans is a name known to all

Try the Indie publishers...if they aren't keen, self publish.
Either way it gets published.

https://sevans73.deviantart.com/gallery/

www.sevans.co.nz
sevans is offline   Reply With Quote